AFL 2016

General sports news and discussions.
grievous
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by grievous » February 14, 2016, 3:09 pm

Yes GT93 I reckon there's a chance of the Blues finishing lower on the ladder than the Bombers.
There is a slight difference between Carey & Lyon as one was slipping it in to his mates wife and the other in to his ex wife. I suppose Billy will be wondering how long it was going on and if there was any hanky panky going on pre divorce. Now if it had been Silvani's misses I could understand it'd be hard to resist.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by marjamlew » February 14, 2016, 5:28 pm

Tiger Woods, John Terry, Carey and now Garry Lyon..... All our can't do wrong golden child sportsmen superstars, publicly exposed playing away from home. No wonder hairy Garry is depressed and poor old fat Billy. Might be time to wind up the Footy Show it's about 10 years overdue.
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » February 16, 2016, 1:17 am

Billy now says he thinks Gary was rooting Billy's Mrs. while Billy was still married. Gary's career would now seem to be toast for some time.

What a boofhead. Particularly given Carey showed the consequences of rooting a mate's Mrs.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Barney
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by Barney » February 22, 2016, 10:28 am

My team the mighty blues Carlton put in, so far, their best performance of 2016. Only going down by 21.
Did blood quite a few youngsters though. =D>

grievous
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by grievous » February 22, 2016, 6:35 pm

I think your Mob is playing my Mob this Sunday Barny. Could be the battle of the Wooden spoon teams but let's hope not.

Barney
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by Barney » February 23, 2016, 7:45 am

grievous wrote:I think your Mob is playing my Mob this Sunday Barny. Could be the battle of the Wooden spoon teams but let's hope not.
Carlton's list worse than Essendon's: David Parkin

Coaching great David Parkin believes Carlton's 2016 AFL list is even weaker than that of an Essendon side missing a dozen banned stars, predicting the Blues will need up to five years to become truly competitive again.

Last year's wooden spooners have undergone a root and branch rebuild under new coach Brendon Bolton, adding 12 new players to their senior list and trading out the likes of Chris Yarran, Troy Menzel, Lachie Henderson and Tom Bell.
Parkin says former Hawthorn assistant coach Bolton is the right man for the top job at Carlton.

Are we going for back to back spoons. Doubt it?

grievous
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by grievous » February 28, 2016, 3:16 pm

Sorry Barney. Bwaaahahahaha
Attachments
12439396_963244447058568_4090433080951484200_n.jpg

marjamlew
udonmap.com

AFL 2016 The New Don

Post by marjamlew » March 8, 2016, 3:09 pm

Half Forward Flanker =D> =D>
Attachments
shara44579_n.jpg
shara44579_n.jpg (16.56 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 9, 2016, 1:09 am

Well, let's hope she didn't meet Stephen Dank in a seedy Essendon or Footscray bar during the Australian Open ...

I give her a big credit for not running a James Hird defence. Malthouse has probably already offered his services to coach her while she's banned.

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 11, 2016, 12:52 am

The wicked Aussies look at deporting Dustin Martin's dad back to New Zealand. Thankfully Dustin was born in the greatest state in eastern Australia and I assume can't be deported. His Richmond haircut as in the link might be a bit modern for New Zealand:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-spor ... eportation

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 13, 2016, 6:33 am

It's just 11 days now until Carlton get the opening game thrashing from the Tigers. :D

The Suns should massacre the Cheaters and hopefully wazza's crew walk over Eddie's mob.

It would be great to see Eddie weeping and grizzling about something from round 1. It's time to move on from Billy's tears. Are we going to get some tears every time his Mrs. hits the sack with a former footballer? I loved Newman's joke as why wasn't it him (Crawford)?

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 17, 2016, 1:13 pm

One week until we are underway.

I'm all with Dennis Cometti's comments earlier this month suggesting that Essendon should not play against Collingwood at the MCG on ANZAC Day. The AFL continues to be too soft on the Cheaters. Collingwood could field their B team and still easily win. It would have been easy to find a more interesting game. To me the AFL seems really biased in favour of the Melbourne teams. The Cheaters scandal suggests the AFL might be better run out of Perth or dare I say it Sydney.

I appreciated Caro's blast at Dank this week. He's full of even more shxt than me. :D

marjamlew
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by marjamlew » March 17, 2016, 4:58 pm

GT93 wrote:One week until we are underway.

I'm all with Dennis Cometti's comments earlier this month suggesting that Essendon should not play against Collingwood at the MCG on ANZAC Day. The AFL continues to be too soft on the Cheaters. Collingwood could field their B team and still easily win. It would have been easy to find a more interesting game. To me the AFL seems really biased in favour of the Melbourne teams. The Cheaters scandal suggests the AFL might be better run out of Perth or dare I say it Sydney.

I appreciated Caro's blast at Dank this week. He's full of even more shxt than me. :D
Not all Melbourne teams GT. Some of us clearly exist to make up the numbers.
It's been suggested in the media here that Essendon are a worse team than Fitzroy were in 96 and that as the season drags on other teams will rest half their team when they play the Dons and still give them a terrible flogging. It's also suggested that the rubbed out Essendon players will be able to walk from their contracts at the end of the season. Pretty harsh punishment.
Carlton are still paying for their cheating 15 years ago so can't say the AFL went soft on them either.
Wish my club were given the concessions that GWS or the Gold Coast have received.... even we'd be half a chance.

Watched North and Hawthorn last weekend. Reckon the Hawks might just be 10 goals better than anyone else in the comp. We'll see hey.
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 18, 2016, 12:49 pm

Yes, fair call not all Melbourne teams. My anti-establishment streak attracts me to those teams.

grievous
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by grievous » March 19, 2016, 12:21 pm

Gee GT you're like a broken record with the cheats thing.
What else would you like the AFL to do to punish the Bombers?
The interstate clubs get the roar deal? How's that?
Please explain

Barney
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by Barney » March 21, 2016, 1:38 pm

With a season of many upsets to be played out this coming year, the first should most likely come on Thursday night.
Rank outsiders Carlton may just pull this one off with the Capt Marc Murphy hopefully finally making a return.

Nostradamus had this one penciled in many ions ago. :^o
Put your house on them.

Good luck to all the other supporters for their 2016 season openers.

GT93
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by GT93 » March 24, 2016, 2:04 pm

The Grand Final always being in Melbourne is a big advantage to Melbourne teams playing an interstate team. I think it should be moved around according to some formula.

WADA dinged Essendon. The AFL hardly touched them. I think they should have been heaved out of the competition altogether for at least a year. The issue isn't dead. It's going to be in our faces all year on the scoreboard, in litigation and in statements from people such as Mark Thompson this week. Hormone Hirdie will probably drone on like Abbott.

I understand during routine drug tests players are asked to declare what medications, illicit drugs and supplements they are taking. Not one Essendon player once mentioned Dank was injecting him every week or whatever with material he had no idea about. Says it all really. They're lucky to be allowed back into the game at all. How many times does a player need to do that before warranting a life ban?

Let there be a good start to the season tonight. I hope Malthouse isn't going to get too bolshie wherever he is watching the football.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by marjamlew » March 24, 2016, 3:00 pm

GT93 wrote:The Grand Final always being in Melbourne is a big advantage to Melbourne teams playing an interstate team. I think it should be moved around according to some formula.

WADA dinged Essendon. The AFL hardly touched them. I think they should have been heaved out of the competition altogether for at least a year. The issue isn't dead. It's going to be in our faces all year on the scoreboard, in litigation and in statements from people such as Mark Thompson this week. Hormone Hirdie will probably drone on like Abbott.

I understand during routine drug tests players are asked to declare what medications, illicit drugs and supplements they are taking. Not one Essendon player once mentioned Dank was injecting him every week or whatever with material he had no idea about. Says it all really. They're lucky to be allowed back into the game at all. How many times does a player need to do that before warranting a life ban?

Let there be a good start to the season tonight. I hope Malthouse isn't going to get too bolshie wherever he is watching the football.

GT you really sometimes write some pretty mental stuff mate. The AFL GF should be moved away from the G hey? Should Wimbledon be played away from London? Should the Masters be moved form Augusta National? Should the FA Cup be played away from Wembley? Why would anyone muck around with 120 years of tradition? And it's the only stadium in Australia that can hold 100,000 fans. No brainer.
And Mick's on the radio now and part of the call team tonight on SEN. Much better call than the morons on MMM.
http://www.sen.com.au/listen-live#YyRc7LUKbbUXbwY4.97
Watch Me!!

macca46
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by macca46 » March 24, 2016, 6:29 pm

How wobbly is Eddie going to be now a report just in says that eleven players tested positive to drugs in the off season???

They were all detected via hair samples and apparently their are also another two clubs in similar situations.

What a great start to the season don't think the Blues would be involved as they are broke.

grievous
udonmap.com

AFL 2016

Post by grievous » March 24, 2016, 6:57 pm

1-Fined $2,000,000.00 by the AFL
2- revoked its opportunity to play in the 2013 finals
3- fined $200,000 for the breaches. By work safe
4- players banned from competing in any Football competition, attending games working in media 2016.
5- Lost first and second round draft picks in the 2013 and 2014 AFL drafts.
What else would you suggest GT?
The Grand Final comment was a bit silly. The G is and will always be the home of footy, it's the VFL that Invited a couple of interstate teams to join in. It'd be silly to entertain the thought of moving the Granny interstate until they had a 90k stadium to do it justice.

Return to “World Sports”