Bangkok Air supends flights from 2 November

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » October 8, 2015, 12:53 pm

What a shame, BKK Air was by far the best of the bunch, I for one will miss them.

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

mancman
udonmap.com

Post by mancman » October 8, 2015, 12:59 pm

Only flew with them once exceptional service, maybe they could fly UTH to Phuket not as much competition on that route lol

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 10, 2015, 5:43 pm

Some interesting air passenger stats on skyscrapercity today (not sure where the info came from originally):
Udon Jan-Aug passenger traffic: 1,428,722
Nok Air by far has the highest pax count with 528,532
Kan Air the lowerst with 1660
(Bangkok Air logged 95,730)

Don Meuang by FAR had the highest amount of pax traffic (Udon) with 947,574
Suvarnaphumi had 286,786

Lion Air had the highest pax count to Don Meuang with 169 whereas Bangkok Air was averaging 73 to Suvarnaphumi.

Air Asia to Phuket was running at 79% load while Bangkok Air to Suvarnaphumi was running at 45%.

Lots more stats available on the website http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... &page=2608

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » October 11, 2015, 5:59 pm

Zidane wrote:I dont think the pilots are Indonesian.....a mixture of Thai and farang from the captains messages en route,I would say ?
So,I wouldnt worry too much,Earnest......a chap like yourself who has seen service in Iraq,Syria and Liverpool should have no problems. ;)
Ha, ha! No thanks, Khun Zinedine! I'd rather take my chances road running Highway 2 to Nong Khai.

You missed out Afghanistan, by the way. :shock:

I will also miss BKK Air - a great airline. I'm also disappointed that just one outfit now flies out of Swampy to Udon.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Aptera
udonmap.com

Post by Aptera » December 9, 2015, 9:12 am

Bangkok Airways generally has enough high yielding connecting passengers from its partners to serve these markets without having to compete directly with LCCs. Domestic trunk routes that have mainly only local demand have traditionally not worked for Bangkok Airways. For example Bangkok Airways suspended services to Udon Thani in Oct-2015.

Udon Thani had been served from Bangkok for two years but was a challenge from the beginning as it is not a popular destination for foreigners. As LCCs rapidly expanded in the Udon Thani market Bangkok Airways simply could not compete and wisely withdrew, opting to redeploy capacity to market where it can generate sufficient yields to cover the higher cost structure which comes with its full service product.

As CAPA highlighted in the first report in this series, about 70% to 80% Bangkok Airways passengers originate from regions outside its own area of operations, which includes Thailand and nine countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Myanmar and Singapore). Udon Thani was an exception as it relied almost entirely on price sensitive local passengers.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/b ... 016-256648

Return to “Travel & Transport”