whens the rugger

General sports news and discussions.
maaka
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by maaka » July 29, 2015, 6:38 am

kia ora Chaps...
on my next Siam tour, the world rugger finals will be on, and as Murphys Law predicts, I will be stuck out in the wop wops with no tele tube, so am planning to ride out of the badlands and into town, to stay overnight at a hotel of ill repute. Then forced myself upon the Rob's to watch our mighty All Blacks in the semi's and final...any idea of dates you Robs will be showing these games so I can book my digs?..thanks

Chriss
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by Chriss » July 29, 2015, 7:01 am

Semi finals 24th and 25th October, final 31st October

@Thesportsbar

whens the rugger

Post by @Thesportsbar » July 29, 2015, 8:49 am

And the times will be around 2am ish......not good news for any one wanting to watch the WC Iin any bar.

Sport
udonmap.com

RUGBY WORLD CUP-2015 whens the rugger

Post by Sport » July 29, 2015, 11:56 am

Gooday Maaka from the land of the long white clouds. I am away from the bar at the moment, but the staff will be posting in the near future a list of the games that we can watch in live time. From memory some will start at around 8pm-10pm (THAILAND TIMES), so we are fortunate there. A list was shown of those LIVE games to the Rugby fraternity (Rodders, Kiwi Paul, Peter and the other Kiwis, Brits, Sth Africans and Aussies, last weekend) and are happy that we can show them up to full time.

Some games are out of bar hours, so they will be shown around 3-5pm the next day, and hopefully there will be nobody sprouting the results prior to the replays or during the telecasts. The RWC of 2011 we had a great turnout every game day and I think it will be the same this year.

With the heart I predict NZ, Wales, England, Australia, Ireland and maybe France. With the head, NZ and England, maybe Wales/Ireland. Way outsidsers Argentina/Samoa somewhere.

Chriss
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by Chriss » July 29, 2015, 1:12 pm

tataw
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by tataw » July 29, 2015, 2:01 pm

I'm surprised you've omitted the 'Boks from the potential semi-finalists.

Personal opinion - 4 semi-finalists:- South Africa, England, Ireland and NZ

Sport
udonmap.com

RUGBY WORLD CUP - whens the rugger

Post by Sport » July 29, 2015, 3:53 pm

Tataw, completely forgot about the Boks, if your a Sth African or just like the Boks or Rugby in general, please accept my apologies. The Boks will be in the finals for sure, just waiting for Socksy to chime in, he's Scottish you know and thinks Scotland will take out the cup. Rob.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by Aardvark » July 29, 2015, 5:10 pm

Go you Beautiful Aussies \:D/ I think we have a chance of finishing in the top 4 this year ;)

maaka
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by maaka » July 30, 2015, 6:55 am

thanks guys..Chriss and Rob too.
I will keep an eye on things ( Robs announcement) as to the actual morning I need to be in Udon...
just want the overnight stay in hotel before the morning of, but could squeeze in a couple of days for the two semi's...

once I am out in the boondocks no show of seeing the games..good excuse to go to town..maybe I can swing it so the missus thinks she is going shopping as well..
go Ardy....

tataw
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by tataw » August 9, 2015, 8:52 am

Having watched the two Championship matches I have revised my personal selections for the World Cup semi-finals.

Australia, South Africa, Ireland and England.

The AB's have too many players over 30 who are simply not able to match the speed of younger players. Carter looks well off the pace and Sonny Bill should go back to league.

Ireland had a very impressive win over the Welsh

bignote1
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by bignote1 » August 15, 2015, 5:57 pm

I see New Zealand gave Australia a real rugby lesson today. England and Wales will have a great interest in analysing the game.

GT93
udonmap.com

whens the rugger

Post by GT93 » August 16, 2015, 1:55 am

It would be fascinating to get hold of the English and Welsh teams' analysis. Quite a few NZers regards the ABs as chokers and think they are vulnerable in very important games away from home. A good side that plays well in one of these games can beat them. A good side playing badly isn't likely to beat the ABs.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “World Sports”