New ban on alcohol

General Udon Thani topics only!
sgt
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by sgt » July 27, 2015, 7:10 pm

Does anybody have a clue as to how the edict barring alcohol within 300 meters of campuses will effect Udon nightlife? I would thing goodbye hitech area for sure. No clue as to farang venues.

grievous
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by grievous » July 27, 2015, 8:50 pm

The vendors weren't selling at the UDFC game last Saturday although you could BYO in to the ground

the-monk
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by the-monk » July 27, 2015, 9:33 pm

Apparently this is just << another >> misunderstanding.. the Minister of Justice has said that there is no such ban at present and that the OFF-LIMIT map will be ready in 6 months.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... understood

sgt
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by sgt » July 27, 2015, 9:46 pm

Thanks, hopefully that is correct. These days nobody knows what the hell is happening from one day to the next. Without the redrawing of "entertainment zones" there will be thousands out of a job. Hopefully they will get something right, for a change. Of course they could always just enforce the 20 yr. age limit, but ........TIT.

wazza
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by wazza » July 28, 2015, 8:39 am

7-11 opposite Udonpitt , wont be able to sell my Archa :(

grievous
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by grievous » July 28, 2015, 2:29 pm

Do you buy beer Wazza?

bigsnake
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by bigsnake » July 29, 2015, 10:36 am

My Guess<>like the Helmet Law<>smoking law it will SELECTIVELY Enforce<>so not top worry just let the DUST settle a bit all will be well. 8) :lol:

sgt
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by sgt » July 29, 2015, 11:17 am

One of the big wigs in Bangkok has stated, I don't have the link anymore, on ThaiVisa that the gov't will have to draw up "entertainment zones" and it will take 6 months. No way I see that happening. It would take much longer than 6 months to get it anywhere correct (not that that matters, TiT) and many of the bars are scattered, often not much more than a combo mom & pop type store. I talked with my wife about this latest "mistake" by the gov't and said this will cost 1,000's of jobs, she said no million. I got to thinking she is probably right in that it will not only be the bars themselves affected but various venders, food carts, and the other folks that their jobs indirectly depend on the bar, "entertainment" trades. Regardless of what the do-gooder, bible thumping, troglodyte, teetotaler's wish to think, the "entertainment" industry brings, or brought a lot of tourists and income to Thailand. There is a 20 yr. old age limit on drinking in bars, enforce it. Young folks will always find away around it. I did in Texass and Louisiana by the time I was 15.

tom07

New ban on alcohol

Post by tom07 » July 29, 2015, 3:37 pm

grievous wrote:Do you buy beer Wazza?

no. he buys archer :D

pomps
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by pomps » July 29, 2015, 3:38 pm

Heard he likes lion stout and a case of beerlao but not at the sametime :badteeth: :D 8) Am sure a 20 year old tassie redwine will always take precedent over a lion stout,tho i may be wrong :D 8)

Barney
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by Barney » July 29, 2015, 4:22 pm

pomps wrote:
Heard he likes lion stout and a case of beerlao but not at the sametime :badteeth: :D 8) Am sure a 20 year old tassie redwine will always take precedent over a lion stout,tho i may be wrong :D 8)
20 year old tassie red wine. That would be a rare bottle. Red wine in Tassie is called vinegar up my way. They cant make wine out of their so called clear streams.

wazza
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by wazza » July 30, 2015, 2:08 am

Geez Barney

May I ask that you google - James Boags Premium Larger GOLD Medals

Tasmanian Whisky winning the Worlds Best Whisky etc

Cvnter Valley had a few whines , but I don't normally go the whole hog on sipping the glass once its poured , I normally say " Its ok SMELLMEFINGER "

wazza
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by wazza » July 30, 2015, 2:11 am

Those of us who lived in Udon in 2000-2001 will remember the Thai Bars / Clubs next to Tawandang which copied the names of the RCA strip in Petchaburi. Route 66 etc Packed every night.

They all got closed due to the Temple opposite, but Tawadang was able to stay open....

sgt
udonmap.com

New ban on alcohol

Post by sgt » July 30, 2015, 2:50 am

I was a bit late, came back to SE Asia in '02, didn't make up here until '07. Those of you that were here then I think had it better. We will have to ride this latest out and see what happens. Apparently Phuket didn't get the "word". Raided a couple of clubs that looking at the pics were Thai. Stepping on toes now.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”