Missing Expat - UK family appeals for help

Thailand news, views and comments
monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » May 28, 2015, 7:20 pm

Thought would post this, every bit counts ,,, its been a long time now though,...has anyone seen this man?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3kGiZmV3c&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
PHUKET: -- Jodie Poyner of the UK has made a public plea for any information that may lead to finding her father, Graham Poyner, a Phuket expat last seen on March 25.

Mr Poyner, who has a home in Patong, was reportedly last seen by his wife in Surin Province, on the Cambodian border in northeast Thailand, Jodie explained. The couple have a second home there.

He left the house with four men to go on a golfing trip and was due to return on March 27, which would have been his 57th birthday.

“His phone has been off since, and his moped was found several days later in the local town with the number plate missing,” she told The Phuket News.

The motorbike was found near the Saeng Thong Hotel in Surin Town, with the key still in the ignition. But none of the local people questioned by police recalled seeing Graham in the area.

Jodie, who was in touch with her father frequently before his disappearance. When he failed to get in touch on his birthday and had not returned to his home in Surin, she bacame very worried and had a friend post a video on YouTube April 3 appealing for any information that may help to find him. (see video here).

“He has never disappeared before and myself and my family are extremely worried about him,” she said.

Jodie’s sister, Shannan, has tried to pursuing formal channels in the UK to find her dad, but to no avail.

“The embassies and foreign office told me it wasn’t their responsibility and [that] I have to use the British police and Interpol. But again that is slow and I’m still waiting… I don’t know what else to do,” she said.

Meanwhile, Graham’s wife Sia has been working with local police who have been spreading the word both online and on the ground. A missing person alert has also been aired on a number of Thai TV channels.

Graham is of slim build, about six-feet tall, and an avid golfer.

Geno Kopchinski, who has known Graham for more than four years and lived next door to him in Patong for three years, posted on his Facebook: “Him vanishing for a day or two wouldn’t even elicit an eyebrow raise from me. But eight days is entirely out of character for him.

“It gets harder and harder to expect a happy outcome in this mess… But I, for one, am still cautiously optimistic for our friend’s safe return.”

The British embassy in Bangkok told The Phuket News this morning (May 28), “The Consular Section of the British Embassy in Bangkok is aware of the case of a missing person and is providing consular assistance where it can.”

If you have information about Graham’s possible whereabouts, call 080 074 8901, or post on Facebook here, or email Jodie.
Youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3kGiZ ... e=youtu.be

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 29, 2015, 7:38 am

So this guy went on a golfing trip on his moped ? :-s
Who were the 4 guys he went on the trip with ? Farangs or Thais ? His Thai wife must surely know the identities of one or more of these men.
Due back on March 27th.....over 2 months ago.Hope it turns out OK and he is hospitalised somewhere with memory loss or similar but doesnt look good.
Two houses,one in Phuket and one in Surin........
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 29, 2015, 11:13 pm

A 90 reporting might spark a lead, if he is trying to still keep his passport clean, but doing a runner on his wife etc

No mention of the daughter and wife communicating etc

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 30, 2015, 7:30 am

Zidane wrote:Who were the 4 guys he went on the trip with?
And where are they? Seems a legitimate path to check out, but one I'm sure that has already been pursued.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » May 30, 2015, 8:09 am

It says in the youtube video he went to play golf with supposedly 4 white men, if there is no 90 reporting then its looking grim :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR3kGiZ ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Return to “Thailand News”