Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jingjai
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by jingjai » March 29, 2015, 12:31 pm

Kan Air Taxiing for Take-Off at U-tapao
26 March 2015

Kan Air is all set to break new ground for U-tapao airport in Rayong by linking it with the rest of Thailand.
The Thai commuter airline will on April 10 start providing scheduled commercial flights between the Eastern Seaboard airport, operated by the Royal Thai Navy, to four other cities -- Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani and Bangkok (Don Mueang airport).
Entire Article: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transpo ... at-u-tapao

pomps
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by pomps » March 29, 2015, 12:57 pm

The fleet size a tad small with 2 ATR72 :-k if one is in for maintenance the back up plane is a Cessna 208B GrandCaravan :shock:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kan_Air

747man
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by 747man » March 29, 2015, 1:13 pm

pomps wrote:The fleet size a tad small with 2 ATR72 :-k if one is in for maintenance the back up plane is a Cessna 208B GrandCaravan :shock:

WOW !! Don't Think I'll bother then Pomps !! :shock: :shock:

jingjai
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by jingjai » March 29, 2015, 1:52 pm

Geez guys. Give them some time. They only made the announcement on the 26th...three days ago.
Try looking at the glass half full. Perhaps Kan Air is planning to expand their fleet size, plane size? :-k

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by mathusalah80 » March 29, 2015, 2:08 pm

747man wrote:
pomps wrote:The fleet size a tad small with 2 ATR72 :-k if one is in for maintenance the back up plane is a Cessna 208B Grand Caravan :shock:

WOW !! Don't Think I'll bother then Pomps !! :shock: :shock:
Aaah, perhaps the chance to repeat an unforgettable experience. :D :-"
I Bravely undertook an out and back trip to Chiangmai, where I was living at the time, way back I cannot remember when. But I CAN remember the 'excitement' :-s :mad: the experience engendered! Beats the hell out of the alleged second rate thrills available at a Fairground!
I suspect the reason this service was cancelled, was the high cost to the Airline, of cleaning the passengers area, after each flight! :-" :lol:

pomps
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by pomps » March 29, 2015, 2:36 pm

In the meantime the facebook page :D
https://th-th.facebook.com/kanairlines

Pictures of the ATR's in facebook,their tail numbers HSKAD and HSKAF if anybody wants to search further the planes history,brand new or 10 years old or bought from whom.

Flights are competitively priced at 990 baht \:D/

Earnest
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by Earnest » March 29, 2015, 2:55 pm

jingjai wrote:Geez guys. Give them some time. They only made the announcement on the 26th...three days ago.
Try looking at the glass half full. Perhaps Kan Air is planning to expand their fleet size, plane size? :-k
Yeah, they're getting a toehold on the market, nothing wrong with that. And let's not forget BKK Airways flies ATR-72s up to UTH. I'd have no problems with flying in a Cessna Caravan, either, although I imagine there might be an issue with the fatties among us. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

747man
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by 747man » March 29, 2015, 5:42 pm

Flown BKK Airways up to UTH & Never yet flown on an ATR, Always a A 319 or Similar......

But in the " Olden Days " Flew BKK Airways out of DMK-USM On a Dash-8,In those days one was able to visit the Flight Deck,& Quite interesting it was too...

Udon Map
Admin

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by Udon Map » March 29, 2015, 6:45 pm

pomps wrote:Pictures of the ATR's in facebook,their tail numbers HSKAD and HSKAF if anybody wants to search further the planes history,brand new or 10 years old or bought from whom.
HSKAF has four previous registrations. After seeing that I decided not to put in the time to track them down or check out HSKAD. ATR-72s are good aircraft. I've flown them around the Caribbean on AA (Eagle) for years. It's the stretch version of the ATR-42, stretched by about 15 feet. The February crash in Taipei which was captured in a widely distributed video was an ATR-72. More ATR-72s have been delivered than 747-400s. (750+ v. 694)

pomps
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by pomps » March 29, 2015, 10:08 pm

Spending too much time around planespotters :shock: Planes are 7 years old 8) One leased and stored at the moment 8) No info about buying new aircraft 8)
http://www.planespotters.net/Airline/Kan-Air

Found link saying they will be leasing 2 more ATRs to cover the route schedules for around Thailand 8)
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tou ... or-kan-air

Remember seeing a thread about airline security in Thailand on UM so for a new private airline business to come online,fair enough in my books to dig a bit more into their info 8)

wazza
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by wazza » April 1, 2015, 3:26 am

whats their luggage and carry on weights.

That's what will get them over the line perhaps....???

joepai
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by joepai » April 1, 2015, 1:46 pm

wazza wrote:whats their luggage and carry on weights.

That's what will get them over the line perhaps....???
Why not check their web site :

What is the baggage allowance for Kan Air?

Each passenger is allowedto carry 1 piece of carry-on baggage which must not exceed 7 kilograms and the size should not exceed 56cm * 36cm * 23 cm.
The check-on baggage allowance for Kan Promo is 15 kg; for Kan Saver is 15 kg; and for Kan Flexi is 20 kg
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Zidane
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by Zidane » April 1, 2015, 1:58 pm

April to October,your Thai wives,Thai girlfriends or Thai boyfriends can enjoy up to 50% off the room rates in Pattaya.....but no discounts for farangs. [-(

Pattaya: Hotel discounts for Thais only planned (NNT)

BANGKOK, 1 April 2015 (NNT) – Tourism operators in Pattaya plan to offer discounts of up to 50% on hotel rooms between April and October this year to alleviate the dropping tourist numbers from Europe.
Thai Hotels Association Eastern Region chief Sanphet Suphabuansathien said travellers from Europe, including Russia, had declined by approximately 30%.
Mr Sanphet said the move to offer substantial discounts will be for Thai people only since many local tourists planned to travel to foreign countries or other parts of Thailand during the Songkran holidays.
He said the association hoped that this move will raise the number of tourists visiting Pattaya by 2 to 5% year-on-year.
He added that roadshows will be held in cities in China, Indonesia and Singapore in order to attract more Asian travellers to Pattaya.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by 747man » April 1, 2015, 2:33 pm

Zidane wrote:April to October,your Thai wives,Thai girlfriends or Thai boyfriends can enjoy up to 50% off the room rates in Pattaya.....but no discounts for farangs. [-(

Pattaya: Hotel discounts for Thais only planned (NNT)

BANGKOK, 1 April 2015 (NNT) – Tourism operators in Pattaya plan to offer discounts of up to 50% on hotel rooms between April and October this year to alleviate the dropping tourist numbers from Europe.
Thai Hotels Association Eastern Region chief Sanphet Suphabuansathien said travellers from Europe, including Russia, had declined by approximately 30%.
Mr Sanphet said the move to offer substantial discounts will be for Thai people only since many local tourists planned to travel to foreign countries or other parts of Thailand during the Songkran holidays.
He said the association hoped that this move will raise the number of tourists visiting Pattaya by 2 to 5% year-on-year.
He added that roadshows will be held in cities in China, Indonesia and Singapore in order to attract more Asian travellers to Pattaya.
So Just BOOK It in the Wifes Name then.....Oh ! Errrr Mines got the SAME Surname as Me !!!

AdmiralKen

Kan Air Udon to U-tapao

Post by AdmiralKen » April 2, 2015, 8:40 am

:guiness: The cheaper seats (900B) are all sold out for the "escape Pattaya" season pre-Songkran. They still had (yesterday) 'flexi-fare seats at 1900B even for those dates however.

If I can find a reliable car rental company that don't charge like a wounded buffalo and have cars there when I arrive (not tell me that 'car not come back yet' after spending hours trying to contact them) I will certainly be trying this option. It has to be faster than the drive from Pattaya and less taxing on the nerves. Additionally it will be nice to go thru Nakhon Ratchassima at over 150km/h and not get yet another bloody speeding ticket. Curse those speed cameras!

Cheers AK :guiness:

Return to “Travel & Transport”