Unlocking-Repair-Setting SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace 2 X

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Unlocking-Repair-Setting Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X that i brought from home. Never had any problem, the phone was << unlocked >. back home for the various local Cell service providers.. I could use it to roam here in Thailand. Last week a got a free I-MOBILE sim card . I went to the I-Mobile shop, second floor at the Central Plaza to have the I-Mobile sim card installed. Upon returning home i installed LINE it worked fine, then I started trying to use my phone with the new sim card.
The local calls did not work, the overseas call the same and so with the sms, i got the <<call ended >> message almost immediately, however i was getting the promos ( sms) from I-Mobile.. Today i went back to the I-Mobile shop, they tested the sim card on their phone, works fine. Walked acroos to the Samsung shop, the sim works in their Samsung phones. The lady tried changing the settings but in vain. She handed me back the phone saying << It s not a Thai Phone >> see a repair shop...
My question is: Where can i have my Samsung Galaxy ace 2X UNLOCK for the Thai market and/or repair/fix/configure ?
Thanks to all.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » January 27, 2015, 6:18 pm

Try the Night Market.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 27, 2015, 6:29 pm

Is this the market to te left of the train station when you are facing the station ?

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » January 27, 2015, 6:40 pm

night market, using the 7-11 as a landmark, go inside and up the street to the glass room past the phone sellers, the old guy is a repairman

many phones can be unlocked with a code bought on ebay, usually for the equivelent of 200 baht

almost cheaper and easier to buy a thai unlocked phone

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 27, 2015, 8:31 pm

Not sure what country you are from but different parts of world use different "Bands" (frequencies) for their cell phones. It is possible your phone is set to use bands not used in Thailand. Also with Thailand going to 4G etc the sim you got for free may not work with your phone bands. You might want to check what bands your phone used in home country versus band used by I-mobile sim.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2015, 8:42 pm

Does i-Mobile even have a mobile phone network?

I don't think they do, and if that is correct, you should have a look at the SIM card to see which network it belongs to.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”