Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

General Udon Thani topics only!
Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 18, 2015, 7:55 pm

downunder wrote:Today I stopped the True Salesman as he drove through my Village asked him how True have Australia Plus and Home Cable don't. He told me that True had paid for the License to use. Then is it a fact that Home Cable just have not paid for the connection. Not being one to mess about I have taken out a package with True which has an Internet and T.V. deal for B 1199 per month. I expect to pay a further B 100 vat tax. D.U.
I dare say it is more likely Home Cable have still not worked out either 1. The channel changed to another satellite (Intelsat 19 to Intelsat 18) or 2. they do know about the change, but have as yet not been able to find it.
Going on what Jack Spratt said the other day about the difficulty of receiving the satellite in Udon Thani and that our guy has not returned after his first failed attempt,my bet is on 2.

Col Rose

Australia Plus aka Australia Network

Post by Col Rose » January 27, 2015, 3:02 pm

As I see it, you would be aware that Australia Plus terminated its service via Intelsat 18 on Nov 30, 2014. The new service provider True Move or is it True Vision now provide cable coverage via Intelsat 19. However, if you rely on a satellite dish then, at the moment, there is no coverage for many parts of Thailand. So, I must thank Joe Hockey for his budget cuts to the once valued service

Is the information above correct? Is there a way a satellite dish can successfully connect to Intelsat 19 in the Udon Thani area
Your comments would be appreciated
Col Rose ... Huai Koeng near Kumphawapi

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Australia Plus aka Australia Network

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 27, 2015, 7:50 pm

I think you'll find its gone from Intelsat 19 to 18.
Jack Spratt on this forum seems to know a lot more about setting up and adjusting satellite dishes than me.
He is of the opinion that because of its setting being so low in the eastern sky, you almost need to be living on a mountain to get it.
We had the guy who installed our dish last year come out and try to find it. We are on the top of a "hill",sort of and I was optimistic. My wife has rung him a couple of times...I am now, "hopeful"...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2015, 8:15 pm

I spoke with my satellite guy today, and he is coming to my house on Thursday or Friday, to swing my dish around to pick up Insat 4B, which I wrote about in an earlier post:

http://www.lyngsat.com/Insat-4B.html

It is still showing as broadcasting Australia+ (India Service) as free-to-air.

I will report back when the experiment has been conducted. [-o<

Sport
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Sport » January 27, 2015, 8:24 pm

Just so you posters can watch Bananas in Pyjamas, Home and Away, Days of Our Lives etc, you are a sick lot.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 27, 2015, 8:32 pm

jackspratt wrote:I spoke with my satellite guy today, and he is coming to my house on Thursday or Friday, to swing my dish around to pick up Insat 4B, which I wrote about in an earlier post:

India used to be encrypted before.
Hope it works

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 27, 2015, 8:33 pm

jackspratt wrote:I spoke with my satellite guy today, and he is coming to my house on Thursday or Friday, to swing my dish around to pick up Insat 4B, which I wrote about in an earlier post:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » January 27, 2015, 8:38 pm

Sport wrote:Just so you posters can watch Bananas in Pyjamas, Home and Away, Days of Our Lives etc, you are a sick lot.
I guess it keeps us out of bars. ;)

Shado
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Shado » January 28, 2015, 7:41 am

As of Monday, 26 Jan., I noticed that A+ is back on Udon Cable channel 8. I have no idea how long it will stay. Recently it seems to come and go.

pomps
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by pomps » January 29, 2015, 12:43 am

Shortlived again,Home Cable have lost the signal :(

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » January 29, 2015, 11:33 am

He came today, and got all the satellite details. Now needs to check with PSI to confirm it is "do-able", but won't be back until next week to do the re-positioning.

Shado
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Shado » January 29, 2015, 12:25 pm

pomps wrote:Shortlived again,Home Cable have lost the signal :(
Seems to be back now. (Bananas in Pajamas?)

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 29, 2015, 2:03 pm

jackspratt wrote:

He came today, and got all the satellite details. Now needs to check with PSI to confirm it is "do-able", but won't be back until next week to do the re-positioning.
Your guy and my guy seem to know the same thing...
Hope he comes back and proves me wrong

pomps
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by pomps » January 30, 2015, 8:51 am

Shado wrote:
Marvellous \:D/

ozzydom
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by ozzydom » January 30, 2015, 11:03 am

It looks as if my options for watching the mighty Dees in action this year hinges on TOT,s promise to extend the fibre optic (30mb)to our village by end of Feb .
I will then have the option of either streaming through Watchafl or going with Expat tv via their android system.
Watchafl costs $139 us per year and the expat tv box and package is about 10k baht a year including android box at 5k once only.

Dealing with TOT is a frustrating exercise at best,Head office at Sakhon Nakhon says a junction box will be sited in the middle of our village and with the free 300 metre connection distance my connection will be free (installation).
whereas the local branch tech guy says the junction will be outside the village proper 600 metres from our house and with 200 metres free it will cost me 400 metres @30 BAHT=12000 BAHT.
I smell an attempted rip -off in the wind.
ozzy

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 30, 2015, 2:33 pm

ozzydom wrote:It looks as if my options for watching the mighty Dees in action this year hinges on TOT,s promise to extend the fibre optic (30mb)to our village by end of Feb .
I will then have the option of either streaming through Watchafl or going with Expat tv via their android system.
Watchafl costs $139 us per year and the expat tv box and package is about 10k baht a year including android box at 5k once only.

Dealing with TOT is a frustrating exercise at best,Head office at Sakhon Nakhon says a junction box will be sited in the middle of our village and with the free 300 metre connection distance my connection will be free (installation).
whereas the local branch tech guy says the junction will be outside the village proper 600 metres from our house and with 200 metres free it will cost me 400 metres @30 BAHT=12000 BAHT.
I smell an attempted rip -off in the wind.
As a fellow and I assume equally long suffering Demon supporter (I was there in'64) all I can say, 2015 will be much better than last year and worth watching.
I take it True hi-speed internet is not in your area ?
If it was you could get Australia Plus and other channels via IPTV as a free add on, if you sign up to their hi-speed service - much cheaper.
GO DEES!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » January 30, 2015, 2:43 pm

OMG! - what a coincidence. :shock:

Both Demons supporters live in Udon. \:D/

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » January 30, 2015, 3:14 pm

jackspratt wrote:OMG! - what a coincidence. :shock:

Both Demons supporters live in Udon. \:D/
Come on Jack, there'll be more than 40,000 this year.
After 50 years in the wilderness - apart from 1988 and 2000 (where we still failed to bring the flag home) - our time is at hand.
GO DEES!!!

Shado
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Shado » January 31, 2015, 7:42 pm

pomps wrote:
Shado wrote:
Marvellous \:D/
Noticed this evening that A+ (channel 8 on Udon/Home Cable) has now become CNN. Doesn't look very promising. We still get A+ on TrueVision however.

cactus
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by cactus » January 31, 2015, 8:00 pm

hey shado, how clear is the ozz channel on truevision, ta

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”