Be Afraid - Be Very Afraid

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2015, 6:42 pm

This woman has been touted as potentially the President to succeed Obama:

Mind you, as things are in Oz at the moment, she could be a vast improvement on our current leader. :shock:

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 26, 2015, 6:46 pm

At least she has a set of balls
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 26, 2015, 6:49 pm

Sorry people :oops:

I and my fellow countrymen are 100% to blame for this 8-[

Thatchers legacy goes on and on, and not one of them has caused anything but problems :evil:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 26, 2015, 6:50 pm

Actually, I view her....and potential candidates like Huckabee and Cruz...as an aid to getting another Democrat into the White House. I don't think the US has gotten to the point of actually electing a person like Palin.....but she can help split the Republican party. For me, she's a plus (in a negative sort of way).

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2015, 7:00 pm

merchant seaman wrote:At least she has a set of balls
Do you think about what you write, or do you just post based on a right-ball, testerony sort of reaction?

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » January 26, 2015, 7:15 pm

yes
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2015, 7:19 pm

The latter I guess.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 26, 2015, 7:26 pm

Thatcher's legacy[edit]
The extent to which one can say 'Thatcherism' has a continuing influence on British political and economic life is unclear. In 2002, Peter Mandelson, a Member of Parliament belonging to the British Labour Party closely associated with Tony Blair, famously declared that "we are all Thatcherites now."[47]

In reference to contemporary British political culture, it could be said that a "post-Thatcherite consensus" exists, especially in regards to economic policy. In the 1980s, the now defunct Social Democratic Party adhered to a "tough and tender" approach in which Thatcherite reforms were coupled with extra welfare provision. Neil Kinnock, leader of the Labour Party from 1983–1992, initiated Labour's rightward shift across the political spectrum by largely concurring with the economic policies of the Thatcher governments. The New Labour governments of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown were described as "neo-Thatcherite" by some, since many of their economic policies mimicked those of Thatcher.[
Meanwhile, the British announced at the end of 2014 that they planned to erect on the Falklands a $62,000 bronze statue of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » January 26, 2015, 7:26 pm

I would like to say that we Americans are smart enough not to vote a person like that in office. But after seeing the last two presidents I have my doubts. And they both where voted in twice.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 27, 2015, 1:07 am

Not making much sense there Sarah. That's the kind of garbage I'd expect from Robert Allenby after running up a US$3,400 bar tab at a Honolulu strip club.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 27, 2015, 1:30 am

I think Parrot is on to something, the US electorate isn't mad enough to vote her in.

I heard Jeb Bush was interested in running, was that right?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » January 27, 2015, 11:57 am

All that I know about Sarah Palin I learned from Fox News ... more than enough to confidently say that I would never ever vote for her. My problem is that there are very few people in today's political limelight that I would consider voting for.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2015, 12:01 pm

Allen A Hale wrote:All that I know about Sarah Palin I learned from Fox News ... more than enough to confidently say that I would never ever vote for her. My problem is that there are very few people in today's political limelight that I would consider voting for.
I'm sure you have been told this many times Allen ................ FOX is a comedy programme, and should not under any circumstances be taken seriously :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 27, 2015, 1:42 pm

Allen A Hale wrote:All that I know about Sarah Palin I learned from Fox News ... more than enough to confidently say that I would never ever vote for her. My problem is that there are very few people in today's political limelight that I would consider voting for.
"few people in today's political limelight that I would consider voting for".......I hear this argument quite often.....a 'good' reason not to vote for some.

But even given the choice of a guy like Donald Trump against a guy like Ted Cruz.....I'd vote. Otherwise, I'd have to keep my mouth shut and not complain for 4 years.

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » January 31, 2015, 3:42 am

Yes. I'm very afraid.

I remember how the movie Iron Sky ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/) ended.

SO I'm afraid - very very afraid.

/M
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

Return to “World News”