The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » November 26, 2014, 2:14 pm

Excellent cold draught pint of Grolsch before shopping for my sausages,bacon,steaks and gammon today :D

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » November 27, 2014, 10:52 am

Glad you enjoyed the Beer and hope the Meat is as good :D

@Thesportsbar

SAT / SUN @The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » November 28, 2014, 12:25 pm

Hello Udon

After the Sad Loss of Australian Cricketer Phil Hughes we will have a minutes Silence prior to the Start of the 2nd ODI England v Sri Lanka starting at 11.30 Tomorrow Sat Morning. He will be remembered by all cricket followers and will be missed by his Australian Cricket Family.

FOOD - This weekend we will have Beef Patties ( replacing the Bangers ) and Mash and Peas 150B or Aged Steak Mash and Peas 170B all Saturday Noon to 6pm and BBQ Lunch Sunday Aged Rib Eye, Bangers and Salad and Bread 250B 12 -3PM.

RUGBY UNION -
SAT NIGHT LIVE ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA, WALES v SPRINGBOKS LIVE @ 9.30pm

Replays Sunday
WALES v SPRINGBOKS 3.45PM
ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA 6PM

SAT NIGHT Football LIVE
7.15 pm Charlton v Ipswich
7.45 pm WEST Brom v Arsenal

10PM
Burnley v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Stoke
Man Utd v Hull
QPR v Leicester
Swansea v Crystal Palace
West Ham v Newcastle

The Games on the Tellies will be Decided on Majority, as the Rugby will take the Main Stage as the Aussies get a whipping.

SUNDAY NIGHT Southampton v Man City 8.30PM

Ice Cold Beers, Draught Beers and Cider.

Also The Udon Gourmet Meats have kicked off really really well, so Drop in and Pick Up your Bacon, Hams, Sausages and Steaks.

See you at the Bar

SB Team.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 30, 2014, 12:20 am

Hope you guys managed to catch the league one encounter Barnsley v Scunny on one of the numerous tellies ...... excellent viewing finished 2-1 to SUFC ... please convey my happiness to croc next time he pops in ... seems like hes gone to ground just as Scunnies fortunes are turning round .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

@Thesportsbar

SUNDAY@ The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » November 30, 2014, 10:36 am

Thansk DM will let him know the score on the Ciders hows the TAP coming along.

English Cricket is going about as good as Australian Rugby, SRI Lanka hammered them in the 2nd ODI the 3rd game is on WED Live 3pm ish.

Last Night the Bar was Rammed with Rugby Followers from around the Globe, England Slaughtered the Aussies and Wales knocked off the Boks, and in the EPL some good results for the tipsters and the Mighty Sunderland played their Best to hold Chelsea to a 0-0 Draw.

BBQ Today from Noon BBQ Lunch Sunday Aged Rib Eye, Bangers & Beef Patties and Salad and Bread 250B

Replays of the Rugby Sunday
WALES v SPRINGBOKS 3.45PM
ENGLAND v AUSTRALIA 6PM

Aussie Rules Replays

Final Day of the Australian Open Golf Live from Sydney

SUNDAY NIGHT Southampton v Man City 8.30PM

Ice Cold Beers, Draught Beers and Cider.

See you at the Bar

SB Team.

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 1, 2014, 11:44 am

This Week @ the SPORTSBAR - SOI SAMPAN - Closed for THE KINGS BIRTHDAY - FATHERS Day December 5

CRICKET

With the coming Wednesday's Funeral for Phil Hughes the AUSTRALIA v INDIA - 1st TEST is looking to be moved into the second week of December and starting at the Adelaide Oval, with the GABBA Test dates to be moved. Will advise Dates and Times when they are released by the ACB.

3rd ODI - SRI LANKA v ENGLAND WED DEC 3 @ 4pm Live
4th ODI - SRI LANKA v ENGLAND SUN DEC 7 @ 11.30am Live

SAT Night Scottish Premier League
Motherwell v Celtic Live @ 7.30pm

SAT EPL

LIVE Early KICK OFF
Newcastle v Chelsea 7.45pm

@10PM Depending on the Crowd will determine the games on which TV's

Hull v West Brom
Liverpool v Sunderland ( definite Big Match :D )
QPR v Burnley
Stoke v Arsenal
Tottenham v Crystal Palace

SUN
West Ham v Swansea 8.30PM

Sat and Sunday BBQ Cooked to Order from 12 Noon, Udon Gourmet Meats Avail at the Bar everyday.

Drop in for a Ice Cold Draught beer or Cider, see you at the Bar

for all the Golfers and after many requests from our Patrons - Monday 8th - The Second Monday of the Month, then the Second Monday of each Month, we are starting a Monthly Golf Morning with a game of 9 Holes Texas Scramble at Wing 23, then return to the Bar for a Free Sausage Sizzle with a 100 Baht Donation for Food Hamper to take to the Local Orphanage for the Kids.

Thanks to all our Patrons for your continued support =D> =D> =D> .

The Sportsbar Team.

@Thesportsbar

Weekend@ The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 6, 2014, 11:38 am

Morning Udon

Sat will be Hotdogs and Pies just in ( the BBQ Cook is at Uni Today ) and Sunday BBQ Cooked to Order from 12 Noon, Udon Gourmet Meats Avail at the Bar everyday.

CRICKET

4th ODI - SRI LANKA v ENGLAND SUN DEC 7 @ 11.30am Live

SAT Night Scottish Premier League
Motherwell v Celtic Live @ 7.30pm

7.00pm Thailand v Phillipines 1st Leg Cup Semi Live

SAT EPL

LIVE Early KICK OFF
Newcastle v Chelsea 7.45pm

@10PM Depending on the Crowd will determine the games on which TV's

Hull v West Brom
Liverpool v Sunderland ( definite Big Match :D )
QPR v Burnley
Stoke v Arsenal
Tottenham v Crystal Palace

SUN
West Ham v Swansea 8.30PM

Drop in for a Ice Cold Draught beer or Cider, see you at the Bar

We have 12 Names in for our First Golf Morning which is a great Start so from - Monday 8th Dec - The Second Monday of the Month, then the Second Monday of each Month, we are starting a Monthly Golf Morning with a game of 9 Holes Texas Scramble at Wing 23, then return to the Bar for a Free Sausage Sizzle with a 100 Baht Donation for Food Hamper to take to the Local Orphanage for the Kids.

The Game will be for fun, New Players, Hackers and Golfers that want to play for a laugh and good time :D

The Gourmet Meats have been selling fantastic out of the Bar, so coming soon will be Gourmet Meats Udonthani with it's very own shop on Phosri Road, location will be advised when the Shop is completed, this will give all customers easy access to Shopping with plenty of Parking at the New Shop, and we will still have the Gourmet Meats in the Bar and on the BBQ for all to Sample.

Thanks to all our Patrons for your continued support =D> =D> =D> .

The Sportsbar Team.

Fear Rua
udonmap.com

Post by Fear Rua » December 6, 2014, 5:20 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if you could organise a home delivery for me tomorrow.

I had a great feed last Sunday. Steak, beef patty and sausage with some lovely potato salad would go down a treat again tomorrow afternoon.

I can arrange collection at Dublin airport any time before 1pm.

Harlequins v Leinster kicks off at 3:15pm so that should give me plenty of time to settle down in front of the tv to enjoy the game.

Oh wait... I'll need some beers too. (No two of the same thanks)

..and a bottle of Jagermeister.

Actually just send one of the staff with an eskie, better tell them to wrap up well because it's 2 degrees here at the moment.

Many thanks in advance. :D

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 7, 2014, 11:12 am

To be Sure x 3 :-" , glad you made it home mate, will need to get some paperwork signed by the Paddy Import Department first then the process can begin, the steak may get a bit chilly in your lovely Climate, can not possibly let one of my Eskies [-X out of the Country so it will have to come in a Cheap Foam Box, will advise Costings tomorrow :^o . SB Team

@Thesportsbar

GOLF & CRICKET @ The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 7, 2014, 6:33 pm

Tomorrow Monday Dec 8 we have 12 Starters for our first of many Golf Mornings, Leaving the Bar at 7.30am to Wing 23 for a 9 Hole 2 Ball Texas Scramble, not to late for anyone wanting to Join in, Novices and Hackers Welcome to Join in for a Fun Game of Golf, Tee off at Wing 23 at 8.00am. See you at the Bar 7.15am or at Wing 7.45am. Then we will return for a Sausage Sizzle for Lunch at the Bar.

Now the for any Cricket Enthusiasts.

The 1st Test Australia v India :D will be starting Tuesday Dec 9 Live from Adelaide -

Starts at 7.30am Live at the Sportsbar - Soi Sampan

as it will be early we will have Bacon and Eggs and Toast and a Cup of Coffee or Tea Avail.

Udon Gourmet Meats will be supplying the Bacon, thanks to Miss See =D>

If you're up early see you at the Bar

The SB Team

@Thesportsbar

This Week @The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 10, 2014, 8:52 am

Morning Udon

The Week ahead in Sport and what will be on the Tellies

Cricket

Today Australia v India Test Match from Adelaide Continues LIVE Day 2

This afternoon England v Sri Lanka 5th ODI Live 4pm ( Sri Lanka Lead 3-1 ) Do or die for England
Sat DEC 13 England v Sri Lanka 6th ODI Live 11.30am

Suzuki Cup Semi Finals 2nd Legs

Tonight Wed Dec 10 Thailand v Philippines
Tomorrow Thu Dec 11 Vietnam v Malaysia

SAT NIGHT FOOTBALL
Boro v Derby 7.00pm

EPL
10PM, games shown will depend on the Patrons in the Bar
Burnley v Southampton
Chelsea v Hull
Crystal Palace v Stoke
Leicester v Man City
Sunderland v West Ham
West Brom v Aston Villa
Arsenal v Newcastle ( too Late to show )

Sunday Night
Man Utd v Liverpool 8.30pm, one of the Big games of the Year and on at a good time to view
Swansea v Tottenham 11:00 we can only show the 1st half ( Sorry )

GOLF Thurs 11th - 14th Asian Tour: Thailand Golf Championship, Amata Spring Country Club, Thailand Live from 10am

THE SPORTSBAR GOLF HACKERS - After a Great turn out for our First Game of Hackers Golf, we raised 1500 Baht for the Orphanage, thanks to all that turned out =D> =D> - Harry and Ren won the Day, well done Lads.

Next Round of Texas Scrambles will be MONDAY Dec 22 at Namsongrong Army Base - Tee of 8.00am Drop in and put your name down, Beginners and Pros all Welcome.

BBQ Steak and Sausages Sat and Sun from 12 Noon to 6pm

We are starting to get a small Bar Menu together, and we will be trying out all the Gourmet Meats from See and Tom.

HOT PIES HOT PIES - Lady Pies Phuket will be arriving and Sold out of the Bar Soon, Thailands Best Pies, Pasties & Sausage Rolls Flown in Direct from Phuket, Details and Prices will be posted when they arrive.

Drop in to The Sportsbar - Soi Sampan for a Cold Beer, Draught Beers and Cider.

Cheers SB Team.

@Thesportsbar

THE WEEKEND @The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 12, 2014, 10:44 am

Well the English won the 5th ODI ( over 2 Days :roll: ) against Sri Lanka last night, so Sat game 6 will be another do or die match, on at 11.30am in the Bar, 2nd last day of the 1st TEST from Adelaide on the tv Now, Warner and Watson letting loose now at 1/87, if the Aussies Bat well today and get a good score then it will be up to them if they can bowl out the Indians on a turning wicket tomorrow.

We took the first Donations to the Orphanage yesterday ( the Pics Below ) - the Proceeds from our Hackers Golf Day - 32kg of Rice and Pampers for the Babies, thanks to all the Players last Monday =D> , next Game is Monday Week 22nd DEC, Namsomrong Army Base, 8.00am Tee Off if any more want to Join in, after Golf Free BBQ back at the bar for Lunch with a 100 Baht Donation for for more Food and Pampers for the Orphanage.

BBQ Tomorrow from Noon SAT - Moroccan Marinated Pork Steaks, Sausages and Salad

BBQ Sunday Aged Rib Eye, Sausages & Salad from Noon.

All the EPL, Golf from Australia and Thailand all Day SAT & SUN.

Ice Cold Beers, Draught Beers, Cider, Free WIFI, Pool

Udon Gourmet Meats out of the Fridge and Frezeers.

Drop in to the Sportsbar - Soi Sampan

Thanks to all =D> .

SB Team

See you at the Sportbar
Attachments
Orphange Pic.jpg

@Thesportsbar

SUNDAY @ The Sports Bar - Soi Sampan (Sponsor)

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 14, 2014, 10:25 am

Sunday Today BBQ

Aged Rib Eye Fillet & Sausages 250B

Moroccan Pork Steak and Sausages 220B

Sausages 120B

All served with Salad and Bread and Butter

Final Day of Thailand Golf Championship, Amata Spring Country Club, Thailand Live from 10am

Final Day Australian PGA

Final Day European Tour Match from Africa

Sunday Night
Man Utd v Liverpool 8.30pm , Should be a good crowd so get in Early

RUGBY Union 10.15PM - Munster v Clermont

Ice Cold Beer and Cider out of the Keg,

See you there

Thanks to all our Returning and New Patrons,

SB Team

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 15, 2014, 11:30 am

The Week ahead on TV's

CRICKET
Sri Lanka v England 4pm Tuesday last ODI

2ND TEST Australia v India from Brisbane on the TV's Live from 9.00am WED DEC 17th

BIG BASH CRICKET 20/20 Live from AUSTRALIA Starts THURSDAY DEC 18th one game everyday from 3.00PM\
18DEC Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Stars
19 DEC Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Renegades
20 DEC Melbourne Stars v Hobart Hurricanes
21 DEC Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat

FOOTBALL
DERBY v NORWICH 7pm SAT

EPL SAT
Man City v Crystal Palace 8.45PM

10PM Games
Aston Villa v Man Utd
Hull v Swansea
QPR v West Brom
Southampton v Everton
Tottenham v Burnley
West Ham v Leicester

EPL SUN
Newcastle v Sunderland 8.30PM
Liverpool v Arsenal 11PM

WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP STARTS Friday DEC 19th on the TV all Day and Night Replays of the Previous Night's Action

BACON EGGS AND TOAST and a COFFEE all day 100 Baht

ICE Cold Beers and Cider's

See you at the SPORTS BAR

Thanks to all our Patrons

SB Team.

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 16, 2014, 7:24 pm

Heads Up on the Cricket Tomorrow, just had a Text from True that their Service will be interrupted from 10am to 4pm tomorrow, if it is True, will stuff the 1st Day of the 2nd Test from Brisbane, so for anyone heading in to watch it....maybe not tomorrow, will wait and see, up grading their Speed around this area i believe so that's a good thing.

Tomorrow 7pm 1st Leg of Thailand v Malaysia - Suzuki Cup, should be worth a watch for our Home Town Team to beat the Malays, come on Thailand!!!!!

Cheers and apologies about the possible interruption on Cricket Telecast on the 1st Day.

SB team

countrybumpkin

Post by countrybumpkin » December 17, 2014, 12:18 am

Is the Sports Bar a bar girl and ladyboy free zone??

@Thesportsbar

Post by @Thesportsbar » December 17, 2014, 7:44 am

A good question country bumpkin, we have female staff pulling pints of beer and mixing spirits, and sports nights gents dress up in strange frocks mimicking their favorite sporting teams from lands far away, we are a sports bar - free wifi, pool, TVs on showing live sports and replays, families come in and enjoy the day with their kids. We have meat cuts in the fridges and freezers, but a Gogo Bar or Lady Bar, no mate sorry we are neither.

countrybumpkin

Post by countrybumpkin » December 17, 2014, 10:02 pm

No need to be 'sorry' Mr Sportsbar. Just checking if it's the kinda place I would feel comfortable bringing members of the family next time I'm over. Pleased to hear the answer is yes. :D :D :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 17, 2014, 11:13 pm

countrybumpkin wrote:Is the Sports Bar a bar girl and ladyboy free zone??
Indeed an excellent question CB ... the Sports bar is most certainly not a lady bar more a good crack n banter sports bar with solid drinkers havin a laff that goes with sport in general , lots of different nationalities all in good spirits , .. noticed lots of families in more recently now the place is bigger ..and the recent add on such as a food menu and meats to take home appear to be well received .

Aussie Dave the local ' ladyboy" ... is a cracker tho a tadge on the hairy side for me :D :D but still has a lot to learn from Nadia ....who is just meat n 2 veg heaven !!

On that note .......good neet .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » December 18, 2014, 12:28 am

Having been castigated for years by the likes of Bob Helm for promoting the darn place ("unmitigated failure" was the term that I believe was used), I now sit rather smuggly in Ubon, Qatar and Fort Lauderdale and watch the praise and justifiable eulogy being heaped upon the Sports Bar.
Yes; it is a family bar and one upon which we focus every time we come to Udon. Steve, my three year old son, is in love with all the bar staff, Dream, my seven year old daughter is in love with Udon Tap Jon, whereas I am in a trichotomy where I don't know who I love the most ... Steve, Dave or Harry!!!!!
We, the family, can't wait to troop up again to visit so Dream can compete with Jon's dog with the bell ringing.
Great job lads .... I'm lovin' it.
Best regards,
Gerbil-Breath Chris

Return to “Sports Bars”