Country roads Udon to Bangkok

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » October 31, 2014, 2:37 pm

Udon Thani to Bangkok by Scooter
Does anyone know the way to Bangkok using country roads to avoid heavy traffic?
The number of the many highways would be helpful. Time for a full tank of gas

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 31, 2014, 8:12 pm

you can use google earth or google map to find secondary roads that parallel Route 2 down towards Bangkok.. The problem of course is that you'll never know how much traffic that smaller road is carrying... On the forum FDMike has provided secondary road guidance for folks on bicycles. You might try contacting him for advice..
Dave

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Post by Nong Bua Dave » October 31, 2014, 8:55 pm

I suggest you stick to the highway. Unless you are familiar with the other roads , and prepared to take another day or so (by getting lost, stuck behind buffaloes and so on) it could take up to another day. The highway is a good 4 lane (no less) road all the way with very few stop lights.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 31, 2014, 10:59 pm

Rte 2 on a scooter?? Yes, the "back roads" would take much longer, but possibly safer than competing with the heavy traffic on 2..
Dave

dtammakhung
udonmap.com

Post by dtammakhung » November 1, 2014, 5:38 am

Bangkok to Buriram nice country roads and fairly direct. Looks like not the case here udon bkk. Anyway thanks for tips.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 1, 2014, 8:03 am

I don't know about all the way to Bangkok but as far from Udon To KK there is a nice country road, not too much traffic, reasonably surfaced, going over mountains and past a huge lake.For me it also cuts nearly 50k off the journey. You turn left at Non Wau So and go straight past my village of Nong Wai.It's a fairly obvious road with few turns to make and eventually brings you out on the main Udon-KK road at some new traffic lights about 10k before KK.I actually enjoy it , far better than the busy dual carriage way out of Udon with it's numerous police checks.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » November 1, 2014, 8:17 am

back roads from Udon to Bangkok on a scooter? Better pack a lunch.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 2, 2014, 2:35 am

dtammakhung wrote:Bangkok to Buriram nice country roads and fairly direct. Looks like not the case here udon bkk. Anyway thanks for tips.
Until now i have refrained from responding to your rather strange postings dt ..... but as i do travel extensively around the country i can only sumize you are off your rocker .. i traveled to Buriram last week in my Porsche 911 turdo and it was 3 and a half hours without a piss stop , as direst as i know possible ...SO ... fairly direct on your Honda Wave could take 2 days .

Udon To BANGKOK .....plan on a week , a few puncture repair shops , karaoke sing longs .and THE BIB to add to you adventure.

Good luck and i hope you post your story with pictures here on Umap for all to enjoy ... unless of course its all a load of bollockes .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Travel & Transport”