BKK Air

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
thalenoi
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by thalenoi » September 10, 2014, 10:09 am

Indeed, flew out to Europe via Bangkok Suvarnabababoum, and was asked by Bangkok airways staff if I had continuation flight and wished to check in bags all the way and do immigration check out here.

They will issue boarding cards for your connecting flights also and at Swamy you follow CIQ signs and remain in transit until you depart.

Since it is very probable that Thai Smile will fly to Don Meuang as of 25 oct I will stick to Bangkok Airways, you also get +10kg luggage allowance if you join their ff program.

So far have one unresolved issue: inbound I come with 40+kgs luggage, seems one can not order/pay for extra luggage when booking (Nok and Air Asia can do) Surgcharge is 80B kilo.

See https://bangkokair.com/eng/pages/view/check-in-through

TGSA01
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by TGSA01 » September 10, 2014, 10:26 pm

Flew back to UTH on Bangkok Airways tonight (unfortunately low passenger numbers again, I hope they do not cancel flights to UTH...), a pleasant flight as usual. Luggage? Same problem here but I generally post two boxes at the post office at Suvarnabhumi airport, 16kg like Baht 280, gets here generally three days later (express service is available too), works for me.

Earnest
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Earnest » September 10, 2014, 11:27 pm

The 1855 to UTH? You were on the same aircraft as the wife's nephew, he's just returned from Blighty.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

wazza
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by wazza » September 11, 2014, 12:13 am

I flew BKK UTH Monday with TG. 2 bags 34.4 kg. No charges.

Arrived BKK ex LAX. 1115. Got the 1315 flt.

Had they been based at DM. No go.

Earnest
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Earnest » September 11, 2014, 11:57 pm

I need to book my tickets for November.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » October 24, 2014, 12:47 pm

Had some time on my hands at the airport,the Bangkok airways flight this morning leaving Udonsville, had the following:-
1 monk
3 farangs
42 asians
9 children
no babies :-k

Their passenger load is improving a tad =D>

I left on a half full Thaismile flight,maybe they are getting worse :-k but babies galore :shock:

socksy
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by socksy » October 24, 2014, 1:04 pm

Took my mate to the BBK Airways flight this morning and they checked his luggage onto the connecting Eva Air flight to Heathrow.
Also reminded him of the FREE refreshment stall created by BKK Airways in the departure lounge - a welcome introduction with unlimited goodies, =D>
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

BobHelm
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by BobHelm » October 29, 2014, 3:42 pm

Looks like Udon to Chang Mai on BKK Air is coming soon..
http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/new ... 0290010001
M.L. Nandhika Varavarn, Bangkok Airways' Vice President for Corporate Communications, revealed that Bangkok Airways is using Chiang Mai Airport as the hub for the new routes – Chiang Mai-Phuket, Chiang Mai-Udon Thani, Chiang Mai-Mandalay and Chiang Mai-Yangon – because of the province's capacities in tourism, economy and investment.

joepai
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by joepai » October 29, 2014, 3:51 pm

BobHelm wrote:Looks like Udon to Chang Mai on BKK Air is coming soon..
http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/new ... 0290010001
M.L. Nandhika Varavarn, Bangkok Airways' Vice President for Corporate Communications, revealed that Bangkok Airways is using Chiang Mai Airport as the hub for the new routes – Chiang Mai-Phuket, Chiang Mai-Udon Thani, Chiang Mai-Mandalay and Chiang Mai-Yangon – because of the province's capacities in tourism, economy and investment.
Very soon - has started already ;)
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » October 30, 2014, 6:48 am

The blue ribbon members lounge at Swampy domestic was fully operational when checking earlier in the week,opening before Nov 1 refurbishment deadline =D> looks marvellous \:D/ Non members flying with Bangkokair still have the free snacks and light drinks at A7 area 8)

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » October 31, 2014, 12:23 am

http://www.udonthaniairport.com/flight-status

Presumably Bangkok airways have sacrificed afternoon flights to Udon having looked at the above link for the flight status for Friday,maybe the Chiang mai route is more lucrative and to compete with Nok air 8)

With Loy kratong coming up shortly would not want to be arriving or leaving on their evening flight over the festival period just when everybody releases thousands of those khom loys into the air :shock:

wazza
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by wazza » October 31, 2014, 12:33 am

Saw them on sale @ Nongprajak today 4/100

Charlieb
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by Charlieb » October 31, 2014, 6:22 am

But what good are they if you cannot depend on them?

Returned from the US yesterday I had scheduled a trip with them to Udon because of uncertainties with Thai Smile

After standing in line for some time at the check in counter I was told the flight was cancelled. No advance notice no nothing!

They then told me to sit and wait while they tried to arrange an alternate flight. After over an hour of waiting and many complaints to their manager, they told me they had arranged a later flight on Thai Smile. After a check in at Thai Smile I had to run for the flight. No time for lunch or a snack.

It seems to me that if the flight were cancelled they would begin to make arrangements then for passengers that would be checking in and not wait till the passenger shows up and then begin the scramble of finding alternate transportation

Not what you need after 24 hours of traveling and little sleep because of jet lag :(

I have let Bangkok Airways know I have flown my last flight with them.

pomps
udonmap.com

BKK Air

Post by pomps » November 6, 2014, 6:57 am

I see no change to the scheduled departure time for tonights flight,leaving 8.30pm so hopefully no khom loys going to get in the way of the take off.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: BKK Air

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:02 am

Bkk air frequent flier members get I think 20kg carry on. They've never stopped me with my bulky golf bag

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 6, 2014, 7:55 am

JoeThrows wrote:Bkk air frequent flier members get I think 20kg carry on. They've never stopped me with my bulky golf bag
I believe it is still 7kg carry on, but an extra 10kg (ie 30kg) for checked luggage for FF members.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:58 am

You may be right, they just tell me I get an "extra" 20kg baggage allowance and I've never checked a bag with them, always carry on and never been questioned

Return to “Travel & Transport”