Free dogs for good home

Services for your special animal can be discussed in this topic: grooming, walking, selling, storing, and suchlike.
Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Free dogs for good home

Post by Nick@AUA » October 25, 2014, 4:21 pm

Mortiboy, the German Shepherd had the hip problem (that you now have). The latest dog in the recent picture that had the road accident is still at the vets having his legs amputated.
How are they doing btw? What are their names?
Thanks coxo, I'm working on it, but I don't think anyone locally can make such a fine piece of equipment.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by mortiboy » October 25, 2014, 5:37 pm

The two dogs doing very well Nick.
After a few visits to the then, wifes fathers farm, I let them stay there as they enjoyed the life "Down on the farm"
As the post says "Dogs for a good home" says .....They have! Jungwat Loei
My GOD! That GSD looks image of "Jack". Same sad face.He has improved some But guess never be normal again.
I think a Wheel support could be arranged , TIT you know.Always someone can fix some thing.
Cant be that difficult
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by mortiboy » October 25, 2014, 7:00 pm

How much food (meat) should a dog eat a day?
I never know I give too little or too much.
This one just eats eats eats never stops!
Checked internet says 250 gm a day for this size
Seems so little!
Mai mee tahng !

Earnest
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by Earnest » October 25, 2014, 10:35 pm

trubrit wrote:Incidentally it is also progressive and will get worse until it loses all control of it's bowl functions...
Bowl functions, Val? :shock:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 26, 2014, 2:01 am

Nick@AUA wrote:This poor dog was run down in the street and left to die.
His back legs and back are broken, and he was dragging them around behind him. When I found him, he was in a bad way and smelled of infection, and was bleeding from his wounds. I managed to give him some food, and he let me pick him up and take him to the vet. I couldn't just leave him in the street as I knew he would die. I thought the vet would put him down for sure as he was in such a bad way. 3 days later and he's looking perky, eating well and doing his business. He's very friendly and quite pleasant really. The vet said there was nothing that could be done about his back and legs - maybe amputate his legs as they are dead and useless. I will try and make him a wheelchair of some kind. Anyway, just want to let you all know.
from yer pic this dog is a in great distress........ fooked up back legs n all ........Nick wot u wanna do ??? ,,,,,,,,, lets say we get him to a vet.....have the legs lopped off and see how we go .... vet bill ,,,,,,,,, i will pay..howzat .

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by papafarang » October 26, 2014, 9:25 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
His back legs and back are broken, and he was dragging them around behind him. When I found him, he was in a bad way and smelled of infection, and was bleeding from his wounds. I managed to give him some food, and he let me pick him up and take him to the vet. I couldn't just leave him in the street as I knew he would die. I thought the vet would put him down for sure as he was in such a bad way. 3 days later and he's looking perky, eating well and doing his business. He's very friendly and quite pleasant really. The vet said there was nothing that could be done about his back and legs - maybe amputate his legs as they are dead and useless. I will try and make him a wheelchair of some kind. Anyway, just want to let you all know.
from yer pic this dog is a in great distress........ fooked up back legs n all ........Nick wot u wanna do ??? ,,,,,,,,, lets say we get him to a vet.....have the legs lopped off and see how we go .... vet bill ,,,,,,,,, i will pay..howzat .

dm
good on you john....making merit. poor thing .
morti glad to here the dogs are fine, big farm to run around on, dog heaven
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Free dogs for good home

Post by Nick@AUA » October 26, 2014, 9:27 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

dm
Wow Jon, thanks that's incredibly kind of you.

He's at the vets now. Yesterday I took him some chicken and he managed to lift himself up on his 2 front legs. He was a bit shaky, but he sat up nevertheless. He's a lovely dog. Very friendly, and seems to appreciate everything we're doing for him. I feel so sad for him as he was abandoned and run down, left to die a slow and painful death. I know we can't save them all, but this fellow just melted my heart, and I couldn't leave him to die in the street.

My plan is to make him some wheels and get him fit and healthy (ish), so he can have some kind of life. You never know, you might see me running round Nongprajak with a 2 legged dog with wheels in the near future.

If you want to go and see him (and take him some food), I can give you directions to the vets where he is being taken care of. (The staff at the vets also have fallen in love with him)

It's my responsibility so I should pay, but if you want to help out, that's up to you (and much appreciated). I know it's going to be expensive, but what else can I do?

I've named him soldier, as he's a real fighter, but they call him Mi-boon at the vets. Not sure what it means, maybe Parrot can give me a translation.

Thanks again mate

ps. Dean - if you have any left over pasties or sausage rolls I'm sure he would appreciate them ;)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by mortiboy » October 26, 2014, 10:28 am

Does he really need legs amputated? Even of no use, Looking at the picture of Coxo's, the dog is still with legs.
Maybe better for more support?
Mai mee tahng !

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by mortiboy » October 26, 2014, 4:17 pm

Here is my new friend! (click "CC" below for caption)
Mai mee tahng !

countrybumpkin

Free dogs for good home

Post by countrybumpkin » October 26, 2014, 4:19 pm

Nick - mi boon is a Buddhist thing. The nearest I can get to an explanation is it's like the hand you are dealt from birth. So you may live a short or long life etc. Buddhists 'make merit' to make that life longer or better, or for good luck in the next one. So 'mi boon' is an acknowledgement of that doggies lot in this life.

Jon - I'm the guy that brought you over the Isle of Jura malt. I'm back in Udon for new year. Want another?? On me for your generous offer here :D :D :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 26, 2014, 6:49 pm

That would be very nice CB .... its a lovely tipple and great on the cold winters (cold season) morning.

Thanks

Nick keep me posted reference the dog and vets etc.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Free dogs for good home

Post by Nick@AUA » October 27, 2014, 7:30 pm

Just spoke to Jon and he is 100% serious about his offer to pay for the surgery. Jon, you are a true gentleman, and clearly a dog lover like most of us on here.

Regarding Soldier, I went to see him today and he's doing ok. He responds well to attention and food and loves being petted and scratched. Thanks Dean for the steak and potato pie - Soldier's new favorite pie.

The vet is waiting for him to recover from his first op. before doing the second stage.

And yes, he does need his back legs removing as they are completely useless and broken. They are dead weight dragging behind. If he doesn't have them, he will have a better chance of walking (dragging) around with his front legs.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

macca46
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2014, 8:44 pm

Great work guys you are doing a really great work I have seen in Aus. dogs that have had single amputations and they do very well and cope with their disabilities so I am sure that once soldier has his operation and he has a real rear harness life will be good again for him obviously he has battled this far and has a big heart and a will to live so he will make it if you decide to start an appeal for his operations I would gladly donate.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 27, 2014, 10:26 pm

Nick confirmed today Soldier will having his back legs taken off and we will get that sorted out and get the fella back on the road to recovery , i did ask Nick about some ideas for some sort of trolley/harness so in time he can get about and chase a few cats .........

SO MAYBE some members out there who have a a bit of spare time and a keen design brain can come up with something easy to make and practical .

dm

randerson79
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by randerson79 » October 28, 2014, 7:20 am

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Free dogs for good home

Post by Nick@AUA » October 28, 2014, 2:08 pm

Soldier eating his meat and potato pie courtesy of Papa Farang. Thanks Dean.
Attachments
soldier pie1.jpg
Soldier enjoying his pie

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Free dogs for good home

Post by Nick@AUA » October 28, 2014, 2:10 pm

Soldier says that Papa Farang's pies are the best pies in Udon.
Attachments
sold pie2.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by papafarang » October 28, 2014, 2:44 pm

poor fella, at least he's got someone who cares for him.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

downunder
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by downunder » October 28, 2014, 4:27 pm

I will donate 1000 baht to help pay for rear wheels

pomps
udonmap.com

Free dogs for good home

Post by pomps » October 28, 2014, 4:41 pm

There are some helpful youtube links like this one 8)

Return to “Pet Services”