General (Private) Aviation in Thailand

General Udon Thani topics only!
430xc
udonmap.com

Post by 430xc » October 20, 2014, 7:28 pm

I would like to talk to someone who is familiar with the regulations, laws and policies regarding flying small airplanes and ultralight aircraft in Thailand.

If anyone has personal experience or can direct me to a local pilot or flying group, please PM me.

Thanks

430xc

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » October 20, 2014, 7:31 pm

I think the people at http://www.thaiskydiving.com/ would be able to steer you in the right direction.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » October 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Often thought the same thing, what stops me is I could not rely on the maintenance an aircraft requires and if it was ever done up to the correct expectations. Back in 1996, I with a close friend looked at having a Cessna Float to operate at Phuket for the Tourists. Unfortunately we couldn't convince ourselves that the Safety aspect would not be as good as we would like

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » October 21, 2014, 12:20 pm

430xc wrote:I would like to talk to someone who is familiar with the regulations, laws and policies regarding flying small airplanes and ultralight aircraft in Thailand.

If anyone has personal experience or can direct me to a local pilot or flying group, please PM me.

Thanks

430xc
I used to fly with a club that operates from Bangpha airfield just outside Sriricha. You might be interested to see the list of regulations they get visiting pilots to sign. It contains most of the local regulations.
http://www.thaiflyingclub.com/linkbangp ... tions.html
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”