Agoda.com

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by bumper » September 30, 2014, 4:41 pm

I got time I will get the printer fixed if I can ever find the guys phone number

Thanks

boes
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by boes » September 30, 2014, 6:01 pm

Agoda keeps at least 17 % of the amount you pay. But it can be the double too if the hotel wants higher ranking on Agodas website.
I always book direct with the hotel ( you can look up the hotel on Agoda or booking.com ) finding the hotels own booking site by googling. Saves me money....

mally
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by mally » September 30, 2014, 10:57 pm

Its worthy checking around. I've used Agoda for a number of years now, but often I've seen Booking.com a little cheaper, although I've stayed with Agoda for the reward points. However, for this trip to LOS I had a quick look on travel supermarket and found that Netflights.com came in at a staggering £96 cheaper for a 12 day stay in the same hotel, AND included breakfast that was excluded in Agoda's price. I've booked with Netflights and indeed got the cheaper price. However, Netflights were almost double Agoda's price for my stay in Phnom Penh, again the same hotel and both with breakfast, so it's definitely worth spending a bit of time shopping around. As stated before, be wary of Agoda's price as there is an addition of 10% + 7% in LOS, and 21% in Cambodia, remember to factor this in when doing the comparison.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2014, 11:17 pm

From experience mally, I would be surprised if the Agoda price stayed significantly higher than a competitor for long. Perhaps if you had checked again a few days later the prices would have been closer. As mentioned in a previous post they have a habit of offering special prices on certain days. They do have a "best Price Guarentee" claiming they will match any price quoted by a competitor if you find the same hotel/room cheaper.

Martyn
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by Martyn » October 1, 2014, 3:34 am

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned HotelsCombined who compare accommodation prices across hundreds of sites in one quick and easy search. They search for the best deal and redirect you to many brand travel companies including Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Marriot. I've used them to book rooms in Thailand and been redirected to both Agoda and Booking.com. Each time they have listed the best deal on the hotel I've searched for.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Agoda.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 1, 2014, 2:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Usually best not to book quickly with Agoda. Have found on numerous occasions over 10 or so years that if you check your hotel 3 or 4 times, the price will vary. Been looking at a hotel we stayed at last year and it is shown as B1800 a night (which is far more than I would pay), but after waiting about 3 weeks I see the same room is on offer at under B1000. There are usually some quite good deals available (half price Fridays etc), but you have to be careful when using price comparison sites like hotels combined http://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Thailand.htm as the Agoda price will often be shown as cheapest due to them not including either the 10% or 7% tax in their prices where as most other companies do [-X
As in the above reference & link to Hotels Combined Martyn :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”