EPL 2014/2015

Post by pomps » September 27, 2014, 6:56 am

Liverpool v Everton 6.45pm and Arsenal v Tottenham 11.30pm \:D/

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 27, 2014, 8:20 am

fixtures.jpg
As Pomps says a couple of cracking derbies to start & finish the football today.

Some tasty match ups in the 9pm kick offs as well... :D

Villa struggled against The Gunners last week but maybe had some sickness issues within their camp. Even tougher task for them this week against a Chelsea side who have started better than anyone - but still have the look of a typical Mourinho line up. Defensive minded with a striker who can make something out of very little.

Citi are away at Hull. This is the type of fixture that does not really suit them. Hull will battle for every ball for 90 minutes.

If you are a neutral looking for excitement then there will only be one place to be watching - Old Trafford.
Rooney is currently looking outclassed in an attack that looks exciting going forward. In defence, a Sunday league pub side would hang their heads in hangover shame for producing displays like this... :shock:

As far as the derbies go, I think both home sides will be seriously disappointed if they do not bag 3 points today!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 27, 2014, 8:49 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Everton
A great deal of huffing & puffing by Pool finally ended in captain dependable giving them the lead after the hour mark.
Looked like they would hang on & complete the victory until into extra time when The Toffee's own Mr. Reliable, Phil Jagielka, did it at the other end with a rasping shot from a corner.

Pool possibly deserved it on effort, but they were the home side...
Points lost for Pool in the scheme of things but more disappointing was their inability to make possession count. They need Sturridge back quickly. Balotelli just is not cutting the mustard & Lambert is proving to be as strange a signing as I thought at the time...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 27, 2014, 11:19 pm

score.jpg
Chelsea & Arsenal have now confirmed that Villa have not suddenly become a contender, despite having Roy Keane on the bench. The visitors held out for about an hour, but the hosts were rather ruthless when they got their chance.
Same for Leicester in London. Last weeks heroics are gone. Whatever my reservations about Warnock still remain, but this is a good win by them.
Hull did make it easy, then difficult & then finally easy for Citi. A great win by the visitors with Frank again making waves from the bench. Maybe the USA will wait until May on this sort of form. He has been a steal & Chelsea should be kicking themselves no matter how well they appear to be doing without him.
Oh dear this was almost déjà vu at Old Trafford. United imperious in attack for half an hour & then concede & go completely to pot. Wayne manages to get himself sent off for a foolish bit of petulance, but this time they hang on.
Why oh why do they seem to give up attacking if they concede?? The moving of Rojo to centre half & playing Shaw & Rafael as full backs makes so much sense. Youngster McNair had a cracking first game alongside Rojo. The team needs to still attack if they concede though not go (collectively) into some sort of shell like panic.
QPR had their chances to come away with a point at Southampton. They couldn't take any of them though. I will be amazed if they are not playing Championship football again next season. Southampton remain in second but I think that will disappear sooner rather than later.
Not sure what to say about the only scoreless game. Swansea will possibly be disappointed that they did not take maximum points here, Sunderland happy that the point means there cannot be in the dreaded zone...

Macca
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by Macca » September 27, 2014, 11:54 pm

Great news for Rooney he gets the whole of October off, not bad when your earning £300k a week, Idiot

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2014, 12:24 am

Breaking News:- Staff at Manchester Dogs Home have revealed that Man Utd players will now be able to adopt a dog as they have finally managed to work out hold to hold onto a lead :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2014, 7:03 am

Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham
Probably just about the right result.
Maybe more worries about yet more injuries in the Arsenal camp than the result..
Macca wrote:Great news for Rooney he gets the whole of October off, not bad when your earning £300k a week, Idiot
Hopefully, even being captain, he will not find getting back into the team as easy as getting out. He scored a cracking goal yesterday but I am not sure that he offers as much to VanP & Falco (which is the aim of the position he is playing in) as Mata would..Now we will get a chance to see.. :D
fixtures.jpg
A couple for the fans, rather than the purists.. :D
Media has it that a manager will be sacked of Monday night if their team fail to win, although the owner later said it was a 'joke'.
Not sure if that was of the humerous variety or as in 'we are a xxxxing joke' - but Tuesday in Thailand may tell.. :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 29, 2014, 7:02 am

score.jpg
score.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
All too easy for The Baggies.
2 goals in the first half, 2 in the second.
Things look grim for the promoted Lancashire side.
Not only have they not yet won they can't score either. Now over 8 hours played without a goal.

The good news for Newcastle fans is that this result takes them off the foot of the table as Burnley replace them on goal difference.
Many might think that not playing is Newcastle's best chance of avoiding the drop.. :D
We might see more away at Stoke tonight... :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2014, 10:52 am

Newcastle have ALWAYS been capable of digging a hole for themselves .... they don't need help from anyone else :lol:

Nice to see Wenger bemoaning their injury list again (8), as Man Utd also have the same number (8). Newcastle currently have 10 :-k On the bright side they appear to have cleared up their Achilles tendonitis problems of a couple of seasons back ....perhaps they took my advice and changed their training methods :-"

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by Zidane » September 29, 2014, 7:45 pm

Just catching up with the weekends footie results after a few days away savouring the delights of Phu Phan and Sakon Nakhon......

Looks like another edgy performance from United but a wins a win,I spose.Personally I dont think Rooney should be captain of United or captain of England. =;
A shocking result for Burnley as West Brom should have been one of the teams they would hope to take points off if they are to stand any chance of avoiding relegation.
But thats good news for Newcastle and their beleagured fans,just as long as they avoid being beaten by two goals or more at Stoke they wont be on their own at the bottom of the table in their grim fight against relegation ! :-"
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pomps
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by pomps » September 30, 2014, 3:41 am

So going by the latest score with Stoke :shock: would they sack Pardy directly after the game or give him a sleepless night wondering about his position :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 30, 2014, 6:34 am

Stoke 1-0 Newcastle
At least Stoke didn't score enough to send Newcastle back to the bottom..
The visitors managed just 1 shot on target in the game though.
You have to feel that the owner will now consider that he has to do something to stop this rot & that probably means getting rid of the manager. He will just have to bite the financial bullet of Pardew having something like 6 years left on his contract..

pomps
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by pomps » September 30, 2014, 6:42 am

He won't quit,nevermind 8)
_77903871_8c0aeee4-01df-4e62-bdb4-72fca9dc6763.jpg

pomps
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by pomps » September 30, 2014, 6:57 am

Forgot to post,the celebration about Rod Hull and Emu or what :-k

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by Zidane » September 30, 2014, 9:27 am

Newcastles next two games are Swansea away and Leicester at home.If they play poorly and are beaten in those two games,surely it must be the end for Pardew ?
They have picked up only 19 points from 26 games since Boxing Day.....relegation form.
Maybe time to bring Moyes in or even consider Russ Wilcox and Pardew swop jobs in the hope both clubs fortunes can be transformed ! :-#
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2014, 12:04 pm

Not sure that the "Eight year contract" is still in existence Bob. There were lots of rumours that Ashley made him rip it up after the head butting last season in order for him to stay in the job. One assumes that he could have been sacked without compensation for his actions.
Ashleys big problem seems to be that very few managers will work as cheaply as Pards (who said yer get what you pay for) and any new guy will probably require his own "team", so Ashley would have to pay off 5 or 6 back room guys as well.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » September 30, 2014, 12:19 pm

I think all the contracts are registered with the Mangers Association when they are signed though Statts, so Ashley might still have an issue if push came to shove. Unless a new short term contract has been signed & Pardew would have be stupid to have done that..

The real issue I think he has is that it is not exactly a great squad - largely due to having to buy cheap.
A new man might also demand a serious amount of January cash for reinforcements & as everyone knows January signing are a real lottery..

I am guessing this is why Mr. P. is still in the job.
Getting rid of him might be the only way of ensuring a turnaround but has no guarantees EXCEPT it will cost Mr. A a great deal of readies... :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by stattointhailand » October 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Bob, neither Ashley or Pardew have ever been liked by the toon, and after last seasons "butting" incident Pardew lost ALL respect from the fans (and obviously the dressing room as well if you look at the results) for bringing not only the team, but the sport into disrepute. Any lingering respect that Ashley may have had (he is a fan etc) went out the window when he didn't have the balls to sack the idiot immediately after the incident :evil:

Who was it that said "One Swallow doesn't make a Summer and One Suarez doesn't make a Winter"?

rethink required :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by Dublin Tony » October 3, 2014, 10:26 am

stattointhailand wrote: One Suarez doesn't make a Winter"?
Another smart comment by the guy whose team are joint bottom of the league and looking forward to a derby with Middlesborough in the Championship next season !
It was to be expected the Reds would struggle a bit at first with all the new faces.With Sturridge back and Sterling we are still very potent going forward but dont know why Brendan signed Balotelli.
The Mancs arent in Europe but still managed to get Falcao.Why not us ?
Time to get back on track and a 4-0 hammering of West Brom tomorrow will do it ! \:D/

Tony

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2014/2015

Post by BobHelm » October 4, 2014, 11:59 am

fixtures.jpg
No early game & not much to really inspire in the afternoon kick offs.
Unless you are of a cruel nature & want to see if The Swans can inflict more damage on Mr. Pardew's career. :D
The Pool game might be interesting, especially if the visitors can get an early goal...

Villa against Citi looked like a good fixture a few weeks ago, not so sure now. Maybe worth a watch until half time & make a new judgement then.. :D

Return to “World Sports”