Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by Gar » September 17, 2014, 9:44 am

That shrimp burger was pretty nice. Thanks for running the special Bubba. :-)

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 17, 2014, 11:58 am

JoeR wrote:Bubba, is there American football on TV in Udon?
This Friday morning Tampa vs Atlanta, from Hotlanta. Open 0730 with coffee only til the staff wakes up. ;)

Joe you still playing in the sandbox? When you due back?

Weekend special TBA.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 18, 2014, 2:13 pm

If you get a Saints, Texans, Broncos, maybe the cowbelles game for a breakfast/coffee I just might stumble in...lol. Is this a Thur. night game? I told you I wasn't paying much attention. I guess I better go to P2P forum and check game schedule.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Bubba ,truck being loaded as we speak with you in 30 mins
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 19, 2014, 11:07 am

papafarang wrote:Bubba ,truck being loaded as we speak with you in 30 mins
Nice offering today. Anxious to try the cross buns. Your truck left much lighter than when it arrived. ;) I noticed today there were even some Thais from the neighboring shops sampling the goods. One of the gals from the computer store next door bought all the remaining apple turnovers (only 2 after my gang got done grabbing). Kudos to your staff, Dean.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 19, 2014, 5:37 pm

Not much of a game this morning. Atlanta crushed Tampa.

This weekend's special... Beef Stroganoff. Loaded with cream cheese and sour cream I guess it wont be on my low cholesterol diet. :cry: Served over your choice of rice, or egg noodles, and accompanied with a soft roll or home made cornbread. In the slow cooker tonight and available tomorrow and Sunday, while supplies last.

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 21, 2014, 10:42 am

Good Morning Udon Thani !

We ran out of Beef Stew yesterday so we have a fresh pot ready that's been cooking overnight. Even stew beef is very tender after 8 hours of cooking. So, people with tender gnashers, like myself, can chew this without a problem! Plus, it's delicious!

We have some hard shell corn tortillas we're trying to get rid of (most people order the soft ones) so we have chicken or pork tacos on special today for just 60 baht (hard shell variety only).

Still have some yummy Beef Stroganoff left today also.

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 21, 2014, 12:12 pm

BigBubba wrote:Good Morning Udon Thani !

We ran out of Beef Stew yesterday so we have a fresh pot ready that's been cooking overnight. Even stew beef is very tender after 8 hours of cooking. So, people with tender gnashers, like myself, can chew this without a problem! Plus, it's delicious!

We have some hard shell corn tortillas we're trying to get rid of (most people order the soft ones) so we have chicken or pork tacos on special today for just 60 baht (hard shell variety only).

Still have some yummy Beef Stroganoff left today also.

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun
Bargain alert 60 baht Tacos
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 24, 2014, 9:58 am

Good Morning Udon Thani!

We picked up a new laptop on Monday and I'm still struggling with Windows 8. Where did all the buttons go? How the heck do I "right click"? I find myself using the keyboard/cursor instead of the touch screen. It's tough teaching an old dog new tricks! And how do I transfer files and data from the old laptop(s)? Ooofta! As they say in Minnesota.

Went to the Cat Telecom office to sign up for blazing fast fiber optic Internet service to go along with the new high tech laptop. Told 2 months wait, or more, working on big government contract. TiT. :(

This weekend's special will be a doozy, stay tuned. Hint, we're going back to my Memphis roots. ;)

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 24, 2014, 11:21 am

I think Windows 8.1 solves a lot of that user interface problem. At least I've read that. Not ready for the leap myself. No matter what connection you use, fiber or not, it will only be as fast as the international gateway entering Thailand for anything not Thai. 3b claims to have already in certain parts of town, personally I don't see how. The fiber would have to go all the way to Bangkok if I understand correctly and having been around a lot of fiber cable installations and already in the ground (a nightmare to dig around) I just can't see it happening. Extremely fragile and should be in ground.

Let's see, Memphis roots, hmm would that have anything to do with BBQ?

Shlomo

Post by Shlomo » September 25, 2014, 4:47 pm

Maybe it's a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 25, 2014, 8:50 pm

Bubba the girls are working hard tonight and the truck will be with you in the morning, with even more goodies for you...DO NOT TRY the delicious almond and blueberry muffins you won't like them

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 26, 2014, 9:41 am

Shlomo wrote:Maybe it's a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.
Ha ha. No, Elvis has left the building. However, it's rumored he's holed up (no pun intended) in Pataya and still occasionally shooting out TV's when the programming doesn't suit him. :lol:

BigBubba
udonmap.com

BBQ RIBS @ Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by BigBubba » September 26, 2014, 8:11 pm

When I said I was getting back to my roots in Memphis I was thinking about a place mom took me when I was about 10 years old... The Rendezvous. In a basement, on an alley off Union Ave., between 2nd and 3rd streets, in Memphis. Started in 1947, the same year I was born, it's still family owned and operated, with some employees having worked there for more than 40 years. http://www.hogsfly.com/

When Federal Express moved to Memphis from Ft, Smith, AR., The Rendezvous gathered National attention by overnighting their famous ribs to such places as Wall Street and the White House. An interesting side note to this story is one of my high school classmates was an F4 Phantom pilot for the Marines in Vietnam. He came home and began piloting the little Falcon jets Fedex was using at the time. One week in his pay envelope was a note that read something like, "Unless you really need the money, please don't cash your check for a few days"! Federal Express was THAT close to going under at the time... and now look at them! I digress. Back to ribs.

We're doing "Memphis style" dry rub ribs this weekend, served with potato salad and BBQ baked beans (REAL bbq baked beans, not the canned variety).

Limited supply.

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

Please, do not post comments for a few hours and let this "ride" down the page for awhile with it's heading. THANKS!

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 26, 2014, 8:17 pm

I was right, BBQ. I'll be there.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

BBQ RIBS @ Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by BigBubba » September 26, 2014, 10:52 pm

BigBubba wrote:***
When I said I was getting back to my roots in Memphis I was thinking about a place mom took me when I was about 10 years old... The Rendezvous. In a basement, on an alley off Union Ave., between 2nd and 3rd streets, in Memphis. Started in 1947, the same year I was born, it's still family owned and operated, with some employees having worked there for more than 40 years. http://www.hogsfly.com/

When Federal Express moved to Memphis from Ft, Smith, AR., The Rendezvous gathered National attention by overnighting their famous ribs to such places as Wall Street and the White House. An interesting side note to this story is one of my high school classmates was an F4 Phantom pilot for the Marines in Vietnam. He came home and began piloting the little Falcon jets Fedex was using at the time. One week in his pay envelope was a note that read something like, "Unless you really need the money, please don't cash your check for a few days"! Federal Express was THAT close to going under at the time... and now look at them! I digress. Back to ribs.

We're doing "Memphis style" dry rub ribs this weekend, served with potato salad and BBQ baked beans (REAL bbq baked beans, not the canned variety).

Limited supply.

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

Please, do not post comments for a few hours and let this "ride" down the page for awhile with it's heading. THANKS!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

BBQ RIBS@ Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by BigBubba » September 27, 2014, 7:44 pm

10635903_562623740535001_6342554563100985431_n.jpg
Half rack pictured above. Just a couple of servings left.

Berek

Post by Berek » September 29, 2014, 4:06 pm

Mmmmm got one day in Udon and I think I know where I'll be having lunch \:D/

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » October 2, 2014, 9:50 am

Good Morning Udon Thani !

Sorry folks, no weekend special this week. Jun is catering a party of 40 on Tuesday and that will require a lot of prep on Monday as well. She says she can't do a weekend special also. She's the boss, so that's that. We are still continuing with our off menu sub sandwiches which have been a big hit.

Currently out of apple pie, so maybe next week to restock on that also.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Homemade APPLE PIE @ Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Post by BigBubba » October 4, 2014, 9:38 am

Now back in stock!

You know what they say, nothing more American than mom and Apple Pie, especially when topped with a couple scoops of ice cream (the pie, not mom :lol: ).

Come join us!

Bubba and Jun

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”