Dollar lets give the baht a rest

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 14, 2014, 8:56 am

"Anti-American feeling is at its highest since World War II. I am not going to list all the countries and their obvious disapproval of American interference but will settle for one - Germany. America has been spying on Germany and the Germans are mortified. It would be a lot easier if you listed those nations who respect America than for me to provide a list of those that do not."

Just moved it over here, closer to whee it belongs.

Your absolutely correct, until they need something and we are the first ones they go to, that run our deficit up.

Dollar to a donut, Germany spy's on America as well, Or they would be saying a lot more :lol:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 15, 2014, 8:25 am

News from The Hill

White House: Immigrant children facing danger will stay in US

By Justin Sink

The White House said Monday that it was “likely” that immigrant children facing mortal danger in their home countries would be allowed to stay in the United States.

The comments come amid a growing debate over a 2008 law that allows many of the children flooding across the southern border an automatic asylum hearing.
Why do we have a deficit cause we do things like this. This caused a flood immigrants, thinking they would automatically become U.S Citizens and the bring in their families, never was the case. But that is certainly how it was viewed. Left the states scrambling to find shelter for them. No money from the Feds they just bought a bus ticket and dumped them in different states no supervision at all. Now if you look at what the law was designed for it not a bad law.

Where did the Politics come in the President getting his immigration bill through so on his own, he opened the flood gates. Heaven knows what got through that Border as our Border Patrol was processing these kids, there's is only so much man power.

Now he is asking Congress for additional money to process the kids if they are still around to be processed, So yes we have a deficit some of it based on arrogance and mistakes. Sure we have more illegals, on the Southern border alone we have 2,000 miles to cover.

But one thing for sure more trying to get in then get out. The part we miss is we can not be everything to all.

If I were at the FED today, first thing I would do stop buying toxic assets from the banks. They simply don't need it anymore. They are currently holding Bank of America's feet to the fire. Tarp has been paid back, where did the money go?

The second thing I would do is raise the interest rates .25% and see what happens. I doubt it will bring the economy to it's knees.

Any of that going to happen not anytime this year I would think why? Because they want the dollar low. They enjoyed it when those from Europe flew to the states to go shopping :lol:

It's not really a hard to fix as they would want us to think. Raise that interest rates and money will flow back to the states. Just like it does when we are in a risk off condition in the world. we are working on risk on now, why you see so much money coming into Thailand they a two year looks like a two year window, stability here. There is money to be be made, huge infrastructure projects approved. SET up Baht Up.

Imagine what would happen if the States actually did go about fixing roads and bridges. Lot of money and well paying jobs to be had.

It us trying to be unto all, that keeps the deficit where it is it's not an impossible thing to do and the dollar would go up.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 15, 2014, 12:02 pm

It's funny Fed chief Yellin speaks to congress tonight the networks are buzzing will she be hawkish or doveish.

Hawkish and the dollar should improve. It' s so funny to watch sometimes it;s like everything just stopped to wait and hear what she has to say. Apparently the FED members are split in both directions.

I could use a few more baht so I;m hoping for a at least a bit hawkish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, I'm not holding my breath :-"

Maybe there is hope yet

Thai Capitalist
US: U.S. mortgage applications increased 1.9% for the week ending July 4 from one week earlier, according to data from the Mortgage Bankers Association. (Xinhua, 10/07/14)
U.S. Fed eyes October end of asset purchases – The Federal Reserve is considering an exit of its loose monetary policy and will decide to end asset-purchase program at its October meeting if the economy progresses as expected, according to the minutes of the Fed’s latest monetary policy meeting released Wednesday. (Xinhua, 10/07/14)
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 16, 2014, 12:20 pm

I watched Yellin last night since the dollar effects me. Q/E end October, that helped the dollar, how long that will last who knows.

Interest rates when the moon lines up with ------------? Thy will consider raising the interest rates.

There were some very valid points brought yup by Congress and her. The wealth gap is just getting bigger and bigger. Not something the FED can do anything about.

There are jobs being added. But, they are low paying. Now here is the kicker there are many mid income jobs available. But, not qualified applicants for the jobs. That says a lot about our. politically correct school system today.

Yellin told them right up front, they have played all the cards available to the FED. It was now time for the Government to step up and create mid income jobs. Like Thailand infrastructure comes to mind. I doubt much will come from that with the dysfunctional Government we currently have in place. Not to pick on the President. But, his mind is elsewhere and out of touch with reality.

Straight up all this time on his favorite projects, his favorite projects so little for families working fill time and still needing food stamps, to get by. His time needs to be going to the benefit of the American people who elected him. Not illegal aliens. But, he doesn't see it.and I doubt he ever will.

Congress is to busy fighting each other, to get anything done to help the middle class worker. That is where the real tax will come from and the ability to start working on the deficit, I didn't see a lot of hope in that last night as to interest rates.

One of he other comments was tech and mid size companies are really stretched right now as to the market.

I will say this Yellin is a lot sharp then I gave her credit for. She sees the problem. knows where he fix is and is not with the FED. She told it like it was and I like that

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » July 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

Now here is the kicker there are many mid income jobs available. But, not qualified applicants for the jobs
This does not even pass the smell test. The MOP is claiming this inspite of a falling labor/labour participation rate and an actual unemployment rate of 16% .. bs. All they want is justification to increase the H-1B visa cap. Companies do not want to hire over qualified or older workers to fill these vacant jobs. They want young foreign workers that they can manipulate and pay less. Has any one asked where these mid income jobs are? I'm sure these are part time jobs with no benefits. More than likely selling Obama Care. Or they're in Colorado or Washington State where you can be stoned all day and be on government assistance.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 16, 2014, 5:35 pm

Hey I like Washington. now there is a thought :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a possibility od f the shale oil saving the day, the ports are close to be finished then the U.S. will be exporting it, they believe to be a 100 year supply.

Od course there are things they can do, probably cut into the CEO's bonus though.

But hey that was what was said from my faulty memory. Here is the scary part what the FED is looking at is the mid incomes jobs before raising interest rates. Yes I would assume part o the problem is they want the experienced people without paying for the Knowledge. People who have have spent years learning a particular task is going to cost more. But, you can't get that kind of knowledge in a school.

What I lied about Yellin she mixed no bones about it dropped it right back in Governments lap where it belongs.

The illegals have gotten real interesting now the President is asking for seven billions dollars, just to hold the hearings.

The simple fact is they should have never been allowed to cross the border, Let them make their applications at the U.S. Mexico embassy, some of those crossing do have legitimate reasons for getting out of their country, beyond monetary reasons. Their cases should be considered. But, it doesn't have to be on U.S. soil. A bus ticket back across the border cost far less then one to Arizona.

All the great intentions in the world won't pay the bills.

We are now fighting along side Irainian's in Iraq. These are the guys who designed IED's to defeat up armored humvies. They are Shiites. The divide between them and the Sunis and the Kurds is just going to get wider. what the heck are we doing there again.

You know the lesson is in history, read the Old Testament, Tora or the Kuran. They all out line this fighting going back thousands of years. Time for us to pack our bags.

Afghanistan will be come what it wants when we leave, let them alone.

We need to clean our own house, then we can help in some way again. Right now the bottom line we don't have the tax base to fund all this.

I know this about the dollar. But it all plays into the value of the dollar. Those munitions they are using over there are not cheap.

We have seen they have the ability to gain the intelligence they need. We have seen we can take out one man, if we are patient enough. so why keep spending billions on something where the peace can not be won.

Egypt brokers a cease fire Hamas just kept firing rockets. Israel can taker care of itself. Just let them alone to do it.

When there is a direct threat to us, then deal with it.

These are problems we can do very little about and we would save a ton of money, just minding our own business.

So there are lots of things that can be done, if our Law Makers would focus on their own back yards.

It saddens me when 200 girls are kidnapped. but it's up that Country to enforce it's laws. There are more kidnaps everyday in the states.

There are times that we can make a difference, we should focus on that. There are reasons Clinton came out with budget surplus he recognized that. We were in a peace keeping role in Somalia. When it went past that we pulled out.

That was a bit of a rant wasn't it.

I would go further and say we should never let things get to the point with our military, so they have to train with broomsticks as they did in World War one.

China has set a good example maintains good military. But, stay far clear of the mess in the Middle East. You know it doesn't hurt to learn from others.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 18, 2014, 10:32 am

Somethings you just can't plan on. Airline shot down.

The dollar is actually mixed but, up against the
Pound
Euro
Baht

Knee jerk reactions unless things go further and no one knows thatI

really don't watch any of those to see what is going on with the dollar I watch the Canadian Dollar, It is the one currency that seems to reflect the actual value. Right now it's up against the U.S. dollar. So if things stay a they are I expect a correction soon

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 20, 2014, 2:37 pm

Just to keep things in perspective....despite what Rick Santelli might be ranting about

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in- ... 2ad90da239

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 20, 2014, 3:48 pm

Very interesting it didn't bleed so it didn't read.

A sure as we sit here today there will be another recession and another recovery. It's just the way of the world.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 20, 2014, 4:40 pm

bumper wrote:Very interesting it didn't bleed so it didn't read.

A sure as we sit here today there will be another recession and another recovery. It's just the way of the world.
Very true....but those who put their money on a fiscal cliff and backed out of the US stock market missed out on one great run. Of course there'll be another recession and recovery and assassination and terrorist attack and oil spill and massive earthquake....among other things.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 20, 2014, 5:51 pm

Yep couldn't make money if it didn't go up an down. Works the same way with the Thai SET.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 30, 2014, 7:18 am

FED starts meeting today, the general feeling not a lot of change as to interest rates, That's the one that will give the dollar a boost.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101872957

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 31, 2014, 12:27 pm

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 1, 2014, 11:47 am

Stocks down dollar up, why I have no idea

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-3 ... gains.html

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 1, 2014, 11:58 am

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » August 1, 2014, 1:46 pm

bumper wrote:Stocks down dollar up, why I have no idea

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-3 ... gains.html
The USD is up following the market digesting the initial US Q2 GDP figures which were better than forecast (and upwards revision to those of Q1).

The figures provided confirmation that US Q1 GDP figures were, as suspected by most thinking economists (but derided by the GOP & TP naysayers), essentially a technical aberration caused by the severe winter weather and that the underlying improvements in the US economy are continuing and have not been derailed (despite the increasingly acrimonious Washington dysfunctionality and a boy named Sue).
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 2, 2014, 7:06 am

That is vary logical a usual.

But, I'm leaning to " despite the increasingly acrimonious Washington dysfunctionality and a boy named Sue". :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got 32 at the bank exchange yesterday, which was less a 1,000 baht less then last month, But, better then it would have been last week \:D/

There is finally a highway bill being sent to Obama. now i he just doesn't veto it

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » August 3, 2014, 10:01 am

• USD-THB Daily 2014.08.01.jpg
Compare and contrast the rise of the Baht against the USD in the chart above from the 9th July and then the fall of the Baht at the end of July:
  • • The rise of the Baht against the USD was, at best, on the back of “hot money” for the bond market and the carry trade and, sadly, more “hot air” from some who really should know better – there was neither economic data from Thailand supporting a rise in the Baht nor data from the US which would have supported a fall in the USD.

• The fall of the Baht against the USD was supported by economic data from the US (and on more than one front).
While smoke and mirrors can move markets in the short to medium term ultimately, when not supported by hard economic data, they (like Wile E. Coyote) cannot defy the laws of (economic) gravity :shock:
  • Wile E. Coyote.jpg
    Wile E. Coyote.jpg (39.22 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 3, 2014, 11:40 am

Yep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When they actually find infrastructure projects, nothing of substance. Just talk thus far.

I was really wondering what triggered the mass exodus from stocks around the world, Just didn't make since that Argentina would trigger a world wide event. Finally found it the FED cut it's junk bond buying by 25 billion this time instead of normal ten.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 28, 2014, 2:03 pm

I expected movement in the dollar. But, not this soon

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/fin ... ed-outlook

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”