European Football Competitions 2013/14

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2014, 7:04 am

score.jpg
score.jpg (49.17 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Well home results all the way & they were all large enough to win the tie as well.
Amazing turn around between Valencia & Basel. The home side were a massive 3 goals down from the first leg & then went on to score 5 at home while conceding none. They made it 3 all in normal rime to force extra time & then scored twice again in that.
Uncle will now doubt be delighted to see the Old Lady slip through quite easily in winning both legs against Lyon.
As did Benfica. The other Portuguese side, Porto, were rather dumped out of the competition by Sevilla though.

Two Spanish sides, 1 Italian & 1 Portuguese left to battle it out...

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 11, 2014, 2:38 pm

Draw for both the Champions League and Europa take place today at 1100 BST (5am here)
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 11, 2014, 2:59 pm

socksy wrote:Draw for both the Champions League and Europa take place today at 1100 BST (5am here)
Nearly correct,socksy.....but its actually 5PM here....ie in two hours time. ;)

I predict.....
Atletico Madrid v Chelsea
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

but none of my predictions for the quarter final draw were correct ! [-(
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 11, 2014, 3:18 pm

Zidane wrote:
socksy wrote:Draw for both the Champions League and Europa take place today at 1100 BST (5am here)

I predict.....

Your'e right Zidane - addition was never my strong point. If Real and Barcelona get face each other the handbag makers will have to work overtime for them to be drawn at dawn - look at this schedule so they would play each other three times in eleven days.

Copa del rey Final 1st leg is on Wednesday 16th April 1930 GMT and the 2nd leg on Saturday 19th April at 1900 GMT

The first legs of the Champions League semi-finals are to be played on 22-23 April and the second legs on 29-30 April.
Alba gu bràth

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » April 11, 2014, 3:19 pm

BobHelm wrote:
score.jpg
Well home results all the way & they were all large enough to win the tie as well.
Amazing turn around between Valencia & Basel. The home side were a massive 3 goals down from the first leg & then went on to score 5 at home while conceding none. They made it 3 all in normal rime to force extra time & then scored twice again in that.
Uncle will now doubt be delighted to see the Old Lady slip through quite easily in winning both legs against Lyon.
As did Benfica. The other Portuguese side, Porto, were rather dumped out of the competition by Sevilla though.

Two Spanish sides, 1 Italian & 1 Portuguese left to battle it out...
Will not Valencia suffer in the next round due to all the yellow cards picked up against Basel picking up 6 on the night?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 11, 2014, 7:59 pm

Just to confirm the UEFA Champions League semi final draw for guys signing in late...... :-"
Zidane wrote:
I predict.....
Europa League semi finals.....Benfica v Juventus,Sevilla v Valencia.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2014, 8:06 pm

Just about the best possible draw for Chelsea - especially with playing the second leg at home.
Same for Bayern though much will depend on the first leg result there.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 11, 2014, 8:21 pm

socksy wrote:
Zidane wrote:

I predict.....

Your'e right Zidane - addition was never my strong point. If Real and Barcelona get face each other the handbag makers will have to work overtime for them to be drawn at dawn - look at this schedule so they would play each other three times in eleven days.

Copa del rey Final 1st leg is on Wednesday 16th April 1930 GMT and the 2nd leg on Saturday 19th April at 1900 GMT

The first legs of the Champions League semi-finals are to be played on 22-23 April and the second legs on 29-30 April.
I Reckon you had INSIDE Information on the draw there Socksy...... :lol: :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2014, 11:26 pm

Which monk did you get the info from, and does he do lottery numbers?

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 12, 2014, 8:01 am

Guys - If I knew a Monk with a crystal ball I'd probably be as rich as they were/are. Maybe whoever drew the balls didn't want to see two teams playing each other within so many days cancelling each other out with negative games.
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 16, 2014, 11:22 am

Watched Barcelona's game away to Granada from the weekend yesterday. Barca totally outmuscled by a big physical side and they seemed devoid of ideas at times. Yes they still played some slick football but were unable to break dow a stubborn aggresive defence and sometimes Barcelona's idea of trying to 'walk' the ball into the net doesn't work.

Neymar I think reached the qualifying scores for the next Olympic diving competion and was going down quicker than a Pattaya Ladyboy (no personal experience by the way).

At one stage he ran into the back of a defender, and went down as if poleaxed. The replay showed it to be absolutely disgraceful cheating. He went off for 'treatment' and moments later was back on running around like a dog with two d***s chasing a soi bitch 'on heat'.

Probably practising for the two Copa Del Rey matches tonight and at the weekend against Real Madrid.

For me it would be nice to see Athletico win La Liga for a change.
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 16, 2014, 11:40 am

COPA DEL REY FINAL - REAL MADRID V BARCELONA

Mestalla, Valencia

Wednesday 16 April

Kick-off: 20:30 BST

Ancelotti is not risking playing Ronaldo who has a hamstring problem and appears to be saving him for the Champions League semi and League run-in.
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

udonmap members video`s

Post by socksy » April 21, 2014, 1:55 pm

Hearts v Ross County in the Scottish Premier League

Not great quality but worth a watch.

The Hearts penalty taker and Captain had already been booked.

Scores the penalty, picks up the ball and runs away with a Ross County player chasing.

The guy in the suit is the Ross County Manager Derek Adams.

Watch as he does not react to what happens to him but everyone else does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4BjcbxceIE
Alba gu bràth

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2014, 2:16 pm

Tonight sees the first of the Champions League semi finals with Atletico Madrid hosting Chelsea at 01.45am Thai time (Wednesday).
This game and Sundays crucial Premiership match at Liverpool will be two huge tests for Jose Mourinho's men.

Tomorrow at 01.45am Thai time (Thursday) is the second semi final between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. [-o<

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 22, 2014, 2:29 pm

Chelsea will get thumped tonight, with Eden Hazard out, (hamstring), and El Burro (Torres) on the park and a couple of second rate Brazilians.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 22, 2014, 7:35 pm

Zidane wrote:Tonight sees the first of the Champions League semi finals with Atletico Madrid hosting Chelsea at 01.45am Thai time (Wednesday).
This game and Sundays crucial Premiership match at Liverpool will be two huge tests for Jose Mourinho's men.

Tomorrow at 01.45am Thai time (Thursday) is the second semi final between Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. [-o<
Never mind about that lot Zid; it's now crunch time for US ;) Seriously, hurry up and get off that fence and post your forecasts [-X

As to tonights match, I have been watching as many Atletico matches as possible over the past two/three weeks. What I have seen is a closely knit squad of players, under an apparently very clued in Manager who appears to know a thing or two about tactics, who are performing very impressively indeed, and appear to be at the peak of their form, at just the right time. One particular aspect of the teams performances, which has attracted my attention is the 100% focus which has been evident throughout the team in all the matches I have watched. No small feat to literally outclass Barcelona,as Atletico did recently, notwithstanding they are a side whose recent performances suggest they are at a stage where the are in need of overhauling.
On the other hand I consider Chelseas recent performances to be less than impressive, and sincerely believe that Mourinho should shoulder the main responsibility for that situation, lately appearing to be more of a disruption and distraction with his pree-occupation of 'self' than with concentrating on his footballing responsibiities. Also there is still no evidence, even in these dying stages of the current season, that he has any clear vision of his best team, or the tactics best suited to the skills of the players at his disposal.
I think Atletico are a far superior, far more focussed and far more united team than are Chelsea, and I expect they will
move through to the final.
One comment, I hope the European FA have made extra security arrangements against the possibility of further Mourinho tantyrums, to which the Spanis fans are unlikelt to be as tolerant as hose in the UK.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 23, 2014, 8:26 am

Atletico Madrid 0 Chelsea 0
Chelsea will be more than satisfied with this result but its tempered by the fact that Cech and Terry will miss the rest of the domestic season and Lampard and Mikel were booked and will miss the second leg.
Not the most entertaining of games with Courtois not having to make a serious save and Schwarzer only one.
My predictions for the final ? I'm going for Bayern Munich v Atletico Madrid so its pretty much nailed on it will be Chelsea v Real Madrid,then ! 8)

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 23, 2014, 11:10 am

Not a match to set the pulses racing Zid. Mind you, with the millions of Euros , and his reputation at stake, (plus the Man. Utd. job? :evil: ), I am sure that was the least of Mourinhos concerns. One definite benefit of Mourinho having his team adopt the five five formation was that they were required to run around only half the pitch throughout the game, so should be nice and fresh for Saturday's vital game against Liverpool :lol:
As to the return leg, unless Mourinho decides to adopt the same tactics and play for a 0-0 draw at the end of 120 minutes and hope for a penalty shoot out, (nothing would surprise me with him :roll: ), I cannot see his team preventing Atletico from scoring. in which event, tie over and Atletico to go through.
One momentary piece of excitement last night came at the end of the game. Ground staff noted that several hundred spectators still remained sitting inert in their seats, as the ground emptied. However their concerns were quickly put to rest upon discovering they had merely just fallen asleep during the game. :lol: :lol: \:D/ \:D/

Thankfully, we can all be certain neither of tonights Managers/teams will be playing for a draw. I very much doubt that they would know how. I think we are already agreed Zid, this is a match up between, arguably, the best club side in the world against, unarguably, the two most lethal strikers in the world, each side equally capable of destroying the other on any given occasion. In a one off match, hard to pick a winner, but over two legs, I have to go for Bayern. Either way, football fans world wide are in for a couple of great matches. And if we are really lucky, THE final all neutrals want to see, Bayern v Atletico.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 23, 2014, 11:51 am

Saturday's vital game against Liverpool................Mat,I Think you'll find this match is being played on Sunday....Kick Off 14.05 ( Thats 20.05 Thai Time ) Would'nt want you to miss it... :shock: :shock:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 23, 2014, 5:38 pm

747man wrote:Saturday's vital game against Liverpool................Mat,I Think you'll find this match is being played on Sunday....Kick Off 14.05 ( Thats 20.05 Thai Time ) Would'nt want you to miss it... :shock: :shock:
Thanks 747. May be you're not such a bad fellah, after all. ;)

But you DO appear to just a mite disorientated 747. Can't imagine what is caaaausing it :-s But I'll pretend I haven't noticed you've posted on the wrong thread and respond[-X
Following upon your information, I have now obtained special permission to 'stay up late' on Sunday. To the right of my armchair, that coffee table will be festooned with balloons, and a bottle of "Moet" (Calm down Zid, it is not the one earmarked for you :-" ) \:D/ \:D/ ; to my left, that table will be bare, except for a fully loaded pistol. [-o< :(. Now you can all make your own individual wishes [-X

Return to “World Sports”